James Wilson

Lee Johnson said so in the Chron this week, not sure of the exact amount of games but I suspect he is well on the way, great news in my opinion.

Brilliant news! Yet more superb work from LJ and SC.

Means the ball is well and truly in our court come January. Depending on our position in the league, SC can decide whether to keep him and really go for promotion, or cash in for a very tidy fee if he keeps his form up!

This is a rare exsample of everyone involved being winners.

My Brentford season ticket holding mate is delighted with Tarkowski's continuing development and thinks he could well go higher.

Wilson is clearly a more than adequate replacement and his career really had stalled

We got a fee for a player that came through the youth system - do we have a sell on clause?

Edited by Dave_Og

This is a rare exsample of everyone involved being winners.

My Brentford season ticket holding mate is delighted with Tarkowski's continuing development and thinks he could well go higher.

Wilson is clearly a more than adequate replacement and his career really had stalled

We got a fee for a player that came through the youth system - do we have a sell on clause?

Tarky was an unused sub at the weekend...

wonder how many games it is, he must of played 35/40 games for us now?

31 in the league and 3 in the cup......that clause can't be far away from kicking in. At least then if he were to be the subject of a bid it would take a big fee for the club to consider selling him.

I reckon Dieng could be just as good as Wilson with a few more games under his belt. It's frightening to think we've still got Kasunga, Elekobi, and Lockwood who could fit in comfortably at CB.

agreed on the Dieng front... I reckon 20+ games at CB and he could be a good player there, quick, good feet, plays the ball out well, can make a tackle.

things to work on would be his positioning and strength in the air, but think he's another of johnsons quality finds! for me I think kusungas best position is RB, I don't fear for the worst when he plays there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Article in the Chron today seems to suggest someone will be off, and seeing as though him and Kelly are our only saleable assets, I assume it's Wilson. http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/90078/lj-braced-for-player-exit

Even though he's our best defender, is it the end of the world? Kusunga, Elokobi, Dieng, Lockwood can all play there, and would give us some financial leeway to bring in a striker.

Another LJ success story too. JCH, Korey and likely Wilson all brought in by LJ and gone on to better clubs. He also sold Tarky and Jose. We look an attractive option for cast offs and youngsters trying to get a second break (bar the Ched debacle....)

Edited by josh_latics