James Wilson

Article in the Chron today seems to suggest someone will be off, and seeing as though him and Kelly are our only saleable assets, I assume it's Wilson. http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/90078/lj-braced-for-player-exit

Even though he's our best defender, is it the end of the world? Kusunga, Elokobi, Dieng, Lockwood can all play there, and would give us some financial leeway to bring in a striker.

Another LJ success story too. JCH, Korey and likely Wilson all brought in by LJ and gone on to better clubs. He also sold Tarky and Jose. We look an attractive option for cast offs and youngsters trying to get a second break (bar the Ched debacle....)

Fair comment but losing J Wilson will be a big loss Id expect them to get 500k for him though surely ? By far our most mobile defender and tons of ability he will be hard to replace, maybe thats why the bottom lips been out the last 6 weeks as he been playing up to get a move ? Edited by Chaddy_Ender

i don't think it would be a big loss. Sorry, but all of our players are replaceable and only Kelly going would be an immediate concern.

I tend to agree. It's a loss but the only player I would be concerned/truly gutted about would be kelly. He is the hub of the team and without him we are pretty shocking. Winchester I would be gutted but just because I love watching him play!

I think it will be Wilson who goes

i don't think it would be a big loss. Sorry, but all of our players are replaceable and only Kelly going would be an immediate concern.

You are right Bfg..unlike strikers, there are plenty of good young centre backs out there to bring in.

Fair comment but losing J Wilson will be a big loss Id expect them to get 500k for him though surely ? By far our most mobile defender and tons of ability he will be hard to replace, maybe thats why the bottom lips been out the last 6 weeks as he been playing up to get a move ?[/quote

Not a chance we will get £500k £200-£250k at best IMO he is decent but not that decent

Fair comment but losing J Wilson will be a big loss Id expect them to get 500k for him though surely ? By far our most mobile defender and tons of ability he will be hard to replace, maybe thats why the bottom lips been out the last 6 weeks as he been playing up to get a move ?[/quote

Not a chance we will get £500k £200-£250k at best IMO he is decent but not that decent

Agree he isnt worth that much, but Trotman went for £500k.