Football Chants - the official lyrics / song list

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the words for the 'just can't get enough' song ? That had the place bouncing today

When I see you Oldham,

I go out of my head,

I just can't get enough,

I just can't get enough,

All the things you do to me,

And everything you said,

I just can't get enough,

I just can't get enough,

We slip and slide as we fall in love,

And I just can't seem to get enough of,

Du du du du du du du du du du,

Super Oldham!

How about something along the songs off:

I feel good - James brown

Ain't no stopping us now - by? a group of lads but I cant remember

Lets hear it for the boys - by? some high pitch singing woman I think called shanice

Just some ideas.

Ain't no stopping us now - there maybe something in this

I've had a few rolling around my head, mainly queen for some reason

Another one bites the dust....when we are winning please and about the 92nd minute and we are at least 6-0 up

We will, we will beat you (instead of rock you)....again 6-0 up with 30 seconds to go

It's a kinda magic...as in one dream, one goal, one prize one soul....one golden chance is what we need, it's a kinda latics (magic)

Aerosmith....don't want to close my eyes, don't wanna fall asleep cause I miss you latics/oldham (baby) and I don't wanna miss a thing.even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream will never do cause I miss you latics/oldham ( baby) and don't wanna miss a thing.

Huey Lewis and the news - power of love. Don't need money, don't need fame, don't need no credit card to ride this train, it's fast and it good and can be cruel sometimes but might just save you life...that's the power of athletic.

Think someone has mention spandau ballet gold...but change it to blue.

Even adapting the new order world in motion....John Barnes rap part..you've got to hold and give and do it at the right time, you can be slow or fast but you must get to the line , well always win and defeat you, defend and attack there's only one way to beat you, get round the back. So catch us (me) if you can cos we're (I'm) the latics men and what your looking at is the master plan...we're singing (playing) for oldham..OLDHAM we're singing this song..we're singing for oldham..OLDHAM ariverderche it's one on one

Apologies as I'm old if the lines to songs are slightly fuzzy

Sorry I'm a bit bored the real v Liverpool b team is on

Or we can go with give us a "t"' give us an "I".....heheh

I will go quietly into the night now

Edited by underdog

How about getting that choir master chap involved that Gareth person athleticos.......bit of publicity, might be able to offer suggestions on how to repair your voices (besides post match beer) after games and maybe even sort your voices out for maximum range

Just a thought

Edited by underdog

• 3 months later...

That is very sad to sing if you're not Oldham.

Let's rightfully steal it.

Although it's a bit :censored: we have to wait for United to make up our songs for us.

Think your man may have changed the words a touch, Ole Solskjaer never played for us as far as I know...

Oh right, I see, you've changed it to suit Latics? Wondered why United would be singing about Oldham. If we're gonna nick songs we should at least be a bit creative about it and less local.

Does anybody know any Eintracht Braunschweig songs we can adapt? Anyone?

It's not that difficult to make a chant from an unused song, more difficult to get it to catch on. Find the :censored:test, cheesiest, catchiest old ballad and change the words a bit eg. the Super Oldham song, Don't You Want Me Baby, Gold by Spandau Ballet into Carlton Cole song

Edited by NewBlue

A mate of mine (C Moore) regularly sings :

I don't know why I love you, but I do

From Premier League back down to Division Two,

But see I always told em,

That my team is Oldham,

I don't know why I love you but I do...

That was an old Ste Waller booze bus song with many verses, one being

Remembering the glory days we had,

Sometimes it makes me feel a little sad,

Now it's Macclesfield and City,

My god it's such a pity,

I don't know why I love you but I do

Obviously it no longer works with Macc out of the league and City being champions like!