New Song Saturday

I personally find a chant that appears to raise the African Ebola outbreak as a source of amusement / fun at a football game distasteful.

Seriously? Ebola has been rife in Africa for years its only a trendy virous now because it suits the pharmaceuticals and their profit margins ;)

Seriously? Ebola has been rife in Africa for years its only a trendy virous now because it suits the pharmaceuticals and their profit margins ;)

Speaking recently to someone who has been out recently as part of a Save The Children aid effort, I believe the matter is serious, tragic and unsuitable for a football chant.

The "trendiness" or not of a cause/disease, doens't in my opinion change whether it is a topic that is distasteful to use in a football chant.

But its ok to sing to Ian Moore calling his mum slag

#laticsfanslogic

You are aware that hashtags are a device used on twitter and, to a lesser extent, facebook aren't you? I hope for the sake of all your family and friends that you don't use them in everyday conversation.

Trendy? Trendy?

I'm sure the relatives of the 4,500+ and rising every day agree with you.

Yes it has been around for years but until recently deaths were counted in tens and in the odd year a few hundred.

Edited by laticsrblue

But its ok to sing to Ian Moore calling his mum slag

#laticsfanslogic

Not sure who this is directed at. I think that there are a number of chants that fans of all clubs make (ours no exception) that are objectionable.

I recall songs about Ian Bishop (WHU) wife - she had apparently stabbed him; Neville Southall's wife (she had an affair), etc etc. None are particularly savoury.

Not sure who this is directed at. I think that there are a number of chants that fans of all clubs make (ours no exception) that are objectionable.

I recall songs about Ian Bishop (WHU) wife - she had apparently stabbed him; Neville Southall's wife (she had an affair), etc etc. None are particularly savoury.

It was singing the praises of Mrs Morley for stabbing Trevor. Ian Bishop was rumoured to have been the reason why she got a tad upset.