Enough about tickets, what about the match?

Bristol City, unbeaten, we haven't been beaten for ages, something's gotta give.

Or has it? I am going for a 1-1 draw. I expect a quality game from two good sides at this level, both can play a bit, they feel they attack well but defence is average. Pressure on them, unbeaten club record in sight (they need four more undefeated games to make history), will it be Latics that will spoil the run. Great game in prospect.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of their attacking threat comes from their fullbacks Ayling and Little, so if Winchester plays it will be important he tracks back more than he did against Chesterfield, leaving Brian Wilson exposed against two wingers. It'll be interesting to compare Kelly and Smith as like-for-like swaps too.

I think we'll have them Saturday. Their fans reckon they've been edging ever closer to defeat in the last few games and it's coming very soon. We're gonna do it.

Should be a cracker and its clear that the flanks will be key.

Despite our attacking threat from wide we are very narrow defensively with the diamond employed and teams will try and target the space that we concede. Bradford did it very effectively in the second half for instance.

It sounds like Bristol City have similar defensive concerns, so will be interested to see if either manager considers changing formation.

I reckon it could be a high scoring draw, 2-2 wouldn't surprise me!!

It is a tough game to call.

Away from home against top of the table is hardly a game that most people would have a lot of confidence about - particularly when it is against a team we do not have the best record against / a team a long way away (our away from seems to deteriorate with distance from BP).

But we are in good form and have confidence, and Bristol seem falliable based on recent results.

I think that a defeat is probably the most likely outcome, but only just. Will be listening intently to LP on Saturday afternoon...

No doubt they are there for the taking, will need a strong ref but hopeful of coming away with at least a point, strong start is imperative cant afford to give these a start. A win Saturday anda win in the early start a week Saturday and we could be 2 points off the top, its unlikely but shows how far we have come

I'll be genuinely surprised and disappointed if we don't win this.

We looked tired against Bradford but still saw out the win.

We'll be flying on Saturday with not having had a midweek game.

They look due to lose and are under pressure.

Loving this sort of bollocks!

Ideally forte will have a field day but Bristol City will be one of those very well organised teams, they'll have done their homework and have squad players that can come in/out to match our strengths!

As much as I'd like to think we can win this, I think they'll be too organised for us and end our unbeaten run - then we'll get knocked out of both cups but win 3 on the bounce in the league leaving us 3rd after rochdale the rochdale game.

Edited by kieranmcandrew

We play 5-3-2, with Little and Bryan pushing on. Both provide excellent support, and both are powerful, despite the size of Joe Bryan and his age he has incredible ability, as was supposedly being scouted by arsenal last season.

Our Centre backs are Aden Flint, who has been a rock this season, and scored 4 corners from set pieces (6ft 4), Luke Ayling and derrick williams( who both like to pass and run the ball out of defence). If you can exploit this space left by the wingbacks then no doubt you'll do well down the flanks.

Korey Smith has been the best player this season, along with Luke Freeman, who will cause you problems with his movement and dribbling. Wade Elliott our captain, has been a bit quiet compared to last season, but keeps our game ticking

Wilbraham and Agard have forged a strong partnership already and will score goals given the opportunity.

That is likely to be our line up, and has been for the last 2 games, but we've only had one change in the last 11 games, and that was due to an injury to Smith.

Down the flanks is where you'll undo us(if you do), and it's been obvious to see that in the last couple of games, teams have been targeting us there.

we might even change our formation, pushing Little to RW, Freeman to LW. Ayling to RB. And Freeman out to LW. That change was often used ealier in the season, late into games, and it made us a lot more rigid and solid.

Already nervous about this one and I'm not going to the match.

It's going to be typical latics match either:

1. we surprise everyone and win

2. Another score draw game and yes, I would take point

3. Our unbeaten run ends horrible and we get stuffed.

the way both team are playing, I'm sure it going to be end to end and full on entertainment and I envy both sets of fans who have tickets for this one.

I've grown my nails again this week, but I'm sure I'll be chewing not only on them but my toe nails half way up my leg before half time.

I'm wondering how bristolatics toe jam will predict the final score on this one.........come on Bristol where are ya?

Edited by underdog