Enough about tickets, what about the match?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We play 5-3-2, with Little and Bryan pushing on. Both provide excellent support, and both are powerful, despite the size of Joe Bryan and his age he has incredible ability, as was supposedly being scouted by arsenal last season.

Our Centre backs are Aden Flint, who has been a rock this season, and scored 4 corners from set pieces (6ft 4), Luke Ayling and derrick williams( who both like to pass and run the ball out of defence). If you can exploit this space left by the wingbacks then no doubt you'll do well down the flanks.

Korey Smith has been the best player this season, along with Luke Freeman, who will cause you problems with his movement and dribbling. Wade Elliott our captain, has been a bit quiet compared to last season, but keeps our game ticking

Wilbraham and Agard have forged a strong partnership already and will score goals given the opportunity.

That is likely to be our line up, and has been for the last 2 games, but we've only had one change in the last 11 games, and that was due to an injury to Smith.

Down the flanks is where you'll undo us(if you do), and it's been obvious to see that in the last couple of games, teams have been targeting us there.

we might even change our formation, pushing Little to RW, Freeman to LW. Ayling to RB. And Freeman out to LW. That change was often used ealier in the season, late into games, and it made us a lot more rigid and solid.

Good to see that Korey is playing so well for you, was the stand out player in my eyes for us last season (albeit in a limited squad). Shows what can happen when you change clubs, as for us Liam Kelly after a slow start is becoming an essential piece of the jigsaw playing as the back player in a midfield diamond. Enjoy the game on Saturday (not too much I hope), should be a decent match played between 2 entertaining sides.

If we can keep the ball in the deck and get into a rhythm, that short, intricate passing will break any team down, it's hard to pull off at this level. As brilliant as our passing was on Saturday, Bradford were dog :censored: at closing us down, they were completely ineffective when the ball was on the deck. I imagine Brizzle will make it a lot harder, but this game will show us exactly how good we are as we enter it bang on form. A draw would be a superb result, but it's a result I'd fairly expect from this team. If we want it more, we're capable of winning it.

4-4-2 saturday... he's opted for that at away games to make us more solid

Forte offering pace and goals on one side of midfield.

Winchester offering that something different from the other side, switch them over at periods to keep the full backs on their toes.

Them two will win it for us on Saturday, he won't go for the 4-3-3 that we've seen at home recently, too narrow in midfield for that... especially against there wing backs

Already nervous about this one and I'm not going to the match.

It's going to be typical latics match either:

1. we surprise everyone and win

2. Another score draw game and yes, I would take point

3. Our unbeaten run ends horrible and we get stuffed.

the way both team are playing, I'm sure it going to be end to end and full on entertainment and I envy both sets of fans who have tickets for this one.

I've grown my nails again this week, but I'm sure I'll be chewing not only on them but my toe nails half way up my leg before half time.

I'm wondering how bristolatics toe jam will predict the final score on this one.........come on Bristol where are ya?

Re point number 1 - how would it be a surprise when we're top of the form table?

We play 5-3-2, with Little and Bryan pushing on. Both provide excellent support, and both are powerful, despite the size of Joe Bryan and his age he has incredible ability, as was supposedly being scouted by arsenal last season.

Our Centre backs are Aden Flint, who has been a rock this season, and scored 4 corners from set pieces (6ft 4), Luke Ayling and derrick williams( who both like to pass and run the ball out of defence). If you can exploit this space left by the wingbacks then no doubt you'll do well down the flanks.

Korey Smith has been the best player this season, along with Luke Freeman, who will cause you problems with his movement and dribbling. Wade Elliott our captain, has been a bit quiet compared to last season, but keeps our game ticking

Wilbraham and Agard have forged a strong partnership already and will score goals given the opportunity.

That is likely to be our line up, and has been for the last 2 games, but we've only had one change in the last 11 games, and that was due to an injury to Smith.

Down the flanks is where you'll undo us(if you do), and it's been obvious to see that in the last couple of games, teams have been targeting us there.

we might even change our formation, pushing Little to RW, Freeman to LW. Ayling to RB. And Freeman out to LW. That change was often used ealier in the season, late into games, and it made us a lot more rigid and solid.

Playing 2 Freemans on left wing would be cheating.

We should be given the 3-0 win now as forfeit. It will only save you the embarassment when we win 6-0 against 12 men on Saturday.

Ah I see, nothing official, just make it to suit. Not sure if 15 draws out of 25 would propel us that high up that niether!

Didn't someone on here point out that our points average over a full season would have put us 3rd in last seasons table (which was quite a high points total in comparison to previous seasons)?

Didn't someone on here point out that our points average over a full season would have put us 3rd in last seasons table (which was quite a high points total in comparison to previous seasons)?

I looked at the last 30 games (half this, half last season) and we'd end up with 72pts if that form was for a full season. Which would only get you the last play-off berth on 2 out of the last 10 seasons.

We have made massive strides over the last 7 months or so - moving from relegation form, to that of a team in the top half flirting with the Play-offs spots. As stated above the number of draws in the last 30 games is too high for us to be a genuine contender - but the last month has seen us getting a few more 3 points, rather than the 1s. Keep the form of the last month or two up and then I think we will be looking seriously at getting inside the top 6.

The next months fixtures are tough. Bristol, Shefffield United and Rochdale all away; a couple of home cup games to test to the strength and fitness of the squad; and only one home league game which on paper looks winnable.

As many have said - if we are still within 3 points of the play-offs (and not having people with games in hand) by the time we take on Yeovil, then it will be a good result.

Playing 2 Freemans on left wing would be cheating.

We should be given the 3-0 win now as forfeit. It will only save you the embarassment when we win 6-0 against 12 men on Saturday.

Made me laugh this one - meant to upboat but fat fingers on an IPad and you're down boated! Sorry! Don't know how to undo...

I remember the last time I looked forward to a game against Bristol City this much. We got hammered 3-0 at home.

With a certain Lee Johnson playing CM for them IIRC?

I'll stand by to be corrected on this from the statos; but i think Marcus Stewart got and Big Enoch Showomni (spl) got the other?

They played us off the park.

That side is one of the ones I still talk about when the topic of 'best side you've played against' comes up.

Last 10 / 12 years, Peterborough with McClean, Boyd, Mackail-Smith et all, Pardews' Southampton and that Bristol City side are my usual answers...