Barry comes out of hiding and writes an open letter to the people of Oldham.

It's an interesting marketing approach.

"we're very disappointed in you for not buying our product. You're very bad boys. "

Hang on, did I just re-imagine Barry as a dominatrix?

Ew.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he talks about new facilities and the clubs investment in them but currently being out the back of the RRE and the Chaddy is one of the most depressing places to socialize, howling wind, rain it offers no protection from the elements a family expect more for their hard earned these days and after years of poor facilities on top of poor football many of those paying customers I fear have been lost, lack of a social club, parking issues, price structures there are a million and one things wrong at BP but yet again its the fans fault, I find this little strop totally mystifying in a week we visit the league leaders after working so hard to build a positive atmosphere around the place it feels like someones just popped the balloon, how on earth that guy holds the position he does is beyond me, fans rep ? your having a laugh.

Edited by athleticosOA95

Oh god, I don't want to know what that just auto-generated a link to.

If you go to PlayerShare WebShop and search for a major online retailer named after a river, click through to their site and type in "Bad Boys" you get the same result. So I'm told.

If you then click through and buy, PlayerShare earn 9p.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/laticsplayershare

Edited by opinions4u

"Firstly, I'd like to say a massive thank you to the regular, loyal supporters who have been fantastic as usual this season.

What I'd really like to do though is issue this plea & rallying call to the rest of the people of Oldham, whether they be former supporters who have stopped attending for whatever reason or local people who have never been to a football match before - if you're able to please get down to Boundary Park and support you local team!

We have a young, exciting team under a bright young manager playing some fantastic football at the moment and the best chance of going up to the Championship we've had in several seasons.

The support of a few thousand more of the people of Oldham and around would be a massive boost and allow us to sign that extra player or two that could be the difference between gaining promotion or not.

I realise that these are difficult times for many financially but for those of you that are able, please take advantage of the reduced £15 admission for our upcoming FA Cup tie against Leyton Orient & come and have a look at what's happening here - you won't be disappointed.

Kind Regards

Barry Owen"

How hard is it???

Edited by HarryBosch

If you go to PlayerShare WebShop and search for a major online retailer named after a river, click through to their site and type in "Bad Boys" you get the same result. So I'm told.

If you then click through and buy, PlayerShare earn 9p.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/laticsplayershare

Thank :censored: for that, I thought.... You know what, never mind what I thought. I've said too much already.

"Firstly, I'd like to say a massive thank you to the regular, loyal supporters who have been fantastic as usual this season.

What I'd really like to do though is issue this plea & rallying call to the rest of the people of Oldham, whether they be former supporters who have stopped attending for whatever reason or local people who have never been to a football match before - if you're able to please get down to Boundary Park and support you local team!

We have a young, exciting team under a bright young manager playing some fantastic football at the moment and the best chance of going up to the Championship we've had in several seasons.

The support of a few thousand more of the people of Oldham and around would be a massive boost and allow us to sign that extra player or two that could be the difference between gaining promotion or not.

I realise that these are difficult times for many financially but for those of you that are able, please take advantage of the reduced £15 admission for our upcoming FA Cup tie against Leyton Orient & come and have a look at what's happening here - you won't be disappointed.

Kind Regards

Barry Owen"

How hard is it???

You fail to realise one major factor when comparing the 2 articles.

You're not a complete :censored:wit :grin:.

Kind Regards

Barry Owen"

How hard is it???

Saved me the effort. Spot on.

Kind Regards

Barry Owen"

How hard is it???

You're an extremely plausible candidate. You should get involved. That's perfect.

I don't use the Twitters... someone got an email?

Can you not just get Harry Bosch to send what he wrote to Letters to the Editor?

I wrote similar but different - I'd encourage Harry to send his too, mind - more the merrier!

I don't use the Twitters... someone got an email?

I wrote similar but different - I'd encourage Harry to send his too, mind - more the merrier!

mattchambers@oldham-chronicle.co.uk

Athleticos is right about the back of the stands. What a terrible place to be at half time. They need to put a bit of colour around there to liven it up a bit and some protection from the weather. Chaddy and RRE are both bad for it.

Another thing is how many posters and advertisements do the club put up around the town? Do Oldhamers know of our form and position? Stick some hoardings with Big George with his head-tape and our recent record in the town.

Let the people know Oldham Athletic still exists.

Edited by NewBlue

It's only really the last 5 or 6 games we've played really good stuff and especially at home, why would a series of draws having crowds flooding back? Keep it up and crowds will come.

Incidentally if parking locally is still an issue for fans I'd be happy to liaise between club and council to try and reach an improvement.

Incidentally if parking locally is still an issue for fans I'd be happy to liaise between club and council to try and reach an improvement.

It was certainly an issue just before 1pm today. I nearly didn't bother to buy my tickets.

That said, the club doesn't exactly make itself obviously welcoming to visitors. I could have paid £3. I could have risked a parking ticket. I couldn't park in the two spaces provided next to the old club shop (one of which was occupied by a tradesman's van). All other spaces at the front of the club were taken and there was no obvious place to park on the car park itself without fear of being towed.

I'd suggest getting the views of others as I might be turning into a miserable old git and that would explain it. But if I was a potential new supporter looking to buy tickets for a family of four I would have simply driven off.

Edited by opinions4u