Another Athleticos thread - are you sitting down?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this where we suggest songs?

Here's one for Saturday:

Tell me ma, me ma,

To put the champagne on ice,

We're going to Wembley thrice*

Tell me ma, me ma

* Include the Play-off Final.

can remember starting that for the first time away at Birmingham city in the F.A.CUP in 1990 nicked it off some Everton fans i had met on a train the season before get alittle buzz everytime its aired now

I went to an Aston Villa under21 game against the Greek side Olympiakos last season. They bought a significant group of Ultras they sang bounced and made what might have been a dry evening a real experience.

From what I've seen I think the Athleticos are doing a great job and their efforts should be applauded .

Let's try some syncro bouncing at Sheffield!!!

my 11 year old brothers the same... he loves them but i was critical at first, the cringey 'o a f c' banners didn't help that looked like they were done by school kids on their dinner hour - but tbf his mates have started going and he's know considering going sitting with them at the next home game which can only be good for the athleticos because that's what their aim is - to get more likeminded people sat amongst them, so fair play!

I'll stick with the top right of the main stand upper though, better view... and even the atmoshphere from up in the main stand has been decent!

These last posts are absolutely bang on. It's what grips the youngsters and in turn makes them loyal tics for life in later years. The vast majority of those who have put this group of Latics fans down as far as I can see is because they actually might get some recognition of doing good, and it wasn't them.

I have a very positive Athleticos story.

My 11 year old stepson has had to be virtually dragged along to Latics at times, but after us relocating to the Chaddy for a few games, he now stands on his own singing his heart out with the Athleticos amd absolutely loves the match day experience now.

But the best news of all is he's taken his City supporting mate along with him a couple of times who's also loved it, so much so, he has just purchased a season ticket for the Chaddy End and is now a fully fledged "Royle" blue!