Another Athleticos thread - are you sitting down?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very positive Athleticos story.

My 11 year old stepson has had to be virtually dragged along to Latics at times, but after us relocating to the Chaddy for a few games, he now stands on his own singing his heart out with the Athleticos amd absolutely loves the match day experience now.

But the best news of all is he's taken his City supporting mate along with him a couple of times who's also loved it, so much so, he has just purchased a season ticket for the Chaddy End and is now a fully fledged "Royle" blue!

That's excellent news, one of my biggest worries is that we are losing to many young fans to the big two down the round, the athleticos could be our USP to them

I've been going on about this for ages to my mates, we as a club should market ourselves around this concept of 'real football' much more than we do. Whenever I've brought city supporting mates to the game that's the feeling they miss, and with the Athleticos it allows young kids to feel involved with the club, like they can make a difference!

It could hopefully inspire the next generation of fans..

I've said all along, stop bothering with debates about where they can be heard from and so on, do it because you enjoy it. Given that they've taken steps to make sure they aren't in the way then it really doesn't matter if it's not everyone's cup of tea. It wouldn't be for me as I approach senility but I enjoyed the atmosphere when we were behind them in the Chaddy and they've played their part along with usual suspects at aways.

Indeed like SHE said. For the life of me I really cannot see anything negative what this group are doing.

EDIT: I find the downboat feature so petty, but if you cant beat um as they say. You find the same people doing it all the time, like I say Petty, Usually against the person rather than the substance of the post.

Edited by Lags

Indeed like SHE said. For the life of me I really cannot see anything negative what this group are doing.

EDIT: I find the downboat feature so petty, but if you cant beat um as they say. You find the same people doing it all the time, like I say Petty, Usually against the person rather than the substance of the post.

Not sure what the 'SHE' is all about. Also not sure where you get the idea I'm criticising the Athleticos. Also not sure why you're having a rant at me. Also, the downboat was purely for your content - not sure why you find that so hard to believe.

In summary, I disagreed with you so downboated you. Your rant and taking offence raises lots of questions. Fin.

To clear up some apparent confusion - I was actually praising them.

Aye - the backtrack but the posts are so ambiguous and enigmatic, and often contain furtive mockery that it may virtually impossible to follow for some. One of the reasons the old thread was closed was because it became a situation where people (some of whom should know better) were competing for some sort of strange internet supremacy. Post after post.

Just replying in kind. He has a name also. Not a rant, a mere observation. If you don't think some on here are actually petty enough to downboat any post about any subject due to who posted it, then you've not looked.

Post your question you feel you've raised Claire? If you disagree with the content, simply debate it, not with the petty downboat button, how else are you likely to change my view?

Edited by Lags

Aye - the backtrack but the posts are so ambiguous and enigmatic, and often contain furtive mockery that it may virtually impossible to follow for some. One of the reasons the old thread was closed was because it became a situation where people (some of whom should know better) were competing for some sort of strange internet supremacy. Post after post.

whats ambiguous about "that's brilliant" with the f word also chucked in for added emphasis?

Just replying in kind. He has a name also. Not a rant, a mere observation. If you don't think some on here are actually petty enough to downboat any post about any subject due to who posted it, then you've not looked.

Post your question you feel you've raised Claire? If you disagree with the content, simply debate it, not with the petty downboat button, how else are you likely to change my view?

I don't want to change your view. I didn't know there was a rule that you had to post an argument when downboating. I often only have time to read, not post, at work, so a quick up/downboat does me fine thanks.

I think what the Athleticos are doing is great but I don't want to sit with them. My point is, there are plenty of people who sing but don't sit with them. They should also get credit. Unless there's a click (you like to raise non-existent clicks on here a lot) which means any non-Athletico doesn't deserve any credit?

I'm not suggesting taking any credit away from them, just expanding it to every fan contributing to the atmosphere.

Indeed everyone deserves credit and they certainly do from me. What argument or you on about? now who's imagining things. Trust me I aint arguing with you Claire. Just makes me laugh why this group seem to be getting an awful lot of stick from some who think they are special.

There certainly are clicks on here, kick one shin about 20 start limping ha ha. It's funny.

I think that was more to do being in the right forum, rather than really not counting as such if I remember correctly. So your post was a hang over from a complete different subject? Better just to move on and comment on the topic at hand that way no misunderstanding occurs. Besides it's just so easy to lash out on here and then nothing ever gets resolved. The Barry issue on here is poor in my view, everyone has a vehicle to go air their concerns at meetings and I'll wager both parties will come out feeling that their views are at least not so far apart.

In this instance, the Athletico's debate is on this platform only. As far as these petty downboats are concerned, this is a message board where you air points of view, in most debates there are differing views. Sometimes via dialog and reading other views we shift our position. A petty downboat does nothing really, other than cheap lazy points scoring. As for Rummy acting childish it's relevant most any subject I will post on, cos........ well, he acts childish.

Edited by Lags