Another Athleticos thread - are you sitting down?

Just watching the live game on BT Sport - Charlie MacDinald playing for and captaining Barnet!

Side note: There's a band of singers with a drum singing similar songs to the athleticos and it's highly irritating me the drum on TV... That's where I think the Athletico's are doing a good job, not over doing the drum and it's never louder then the actual singers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually a fan of the drum at home games if there's a decent sized congregation of fans, but if there was ever an away that didn't need a drum it's this one. Glad we're not taking it. Prefer it absent at aways with 4 figure followings.

Is it going to Sheffield tomorrow?

Edited by NewBlue

Just to let everyone know Rochdale are going to be quite strict at the turnstiles next Saturday we are not allowed the drum or any kind of flags and banners, if any are found they will be confiscated just want to let people know to save any hassle on the day.

:censored:, if they are going to be strict at the turnstiles we could be in for a long queue.

The Stewarding was shocking yesterday, granted at away matches those who want to be more vocal all go to the back which sometimes leads to more people than seats which can be dangerous. But if the stewards wanted to do their job properly yesterday they should have asked a few fans to move. But instead they piled in on a power trip and decided to eject a couple of lads who had a seat and as far as I'm concerned did nothing wrong. Though it's not the first time we've had these sort of issues, Rotherham last season anyone?

Edited by Tommy_Fent

The Stewarding was shocking yesterday, granted at away matches those who want to be more vocal all go to the back which sometimes leads to more people than seats. If the stewards were doing their job properly they would have asked a few fans to move. But instead they piled in on a power trip and decided to eject a couple of lads who had a seat and as far as I'm concerned did nothing wrong. Though it's not the first time we've had these sort of issues, Rotherham last season anyone?

Doncaster this season.

There's a common denominator.

I wasn't at Doncaster, but from my point of view the stewards should be there to solve problems and make the matchday experience a safer place. Yesterday they caused more problems than they attempted to solve.

Digressing a little bit, but I always mention the stewards at Bristol the other week. They were excellent...

Latics fans were top yesterday, the atmosphere was buzzing. Although the "if you see a scruffy c*nt, mow the :censored:er down" song is beyond dreadful.

The Evans stuff was inevitable, but I had Super Oldham stuck in my head all night. Brilliant.

Latics fans were top yesterday, the atmosphere was buzzing. Although the "if you see a scruffy c*nt, mow the :censored:er down" song is beyond dreadful.

The Evans stuff was inevitable, but I had Super Oldham stuck in my head all night. Brilliant.

I admit I had a little word yesterday with a few, I felt towards the end when we were up against it we really needed to back the team rather than sing Anti-Yorkshire/Rochdale/Ched Evans songs. To be fair to them they responded and I think the support was good to be a part of at the end.

Topoff out on bail after coin throwing allegation arrest.

Apparently.

I know he was arrested, when I spoke to the stewards they said that coins were being thrown from the back, now I didnt see any, but throwing coins is a bit naughty especially as there are a lot of young kids lower down the stand.

Just to let everyone know Rochdale are going to be quite strict at the turnstiles next Saturday we are not allowed the drum or any kind of flags and banners, if any are found they will be confiscated just want to let people know to save any hassle on the day.

Be easy to smuggle it in if you stick it up your arse.

I know he was arrested, when I spoke to the stewards they said that coins were being thrown from the back, now I didnt see any, but throwing coins is a bit naughty especially as there are a lot of young kids lower down the stand.

He looked a little guilty by moving from that group and had a disguise with his shirt on and a hat so he would not be spotted...

The story is there was allegedly a coin thrown allegedly aiming towards a steward (they were tossers although no one deserves getting objects launched at them) and said coin allegedly hit an old fella, the woman in front allegedly complained and George was nabbed when he went down for a piss. 10 stewards and 2 coppers for a 15 yr old kid...

...allegedly.

The story is there was allegedly a coin thrown allegedly aiming towards a steward (they were tossers although no one deserves getting objects launched at them) and said coin allegedly hit an old fella, the woman in front allegedly complained and George was nabbed when he went down for a piss. 10 stewards and 2 coppers for a 15 yr old kid...

...allegedly.

The coin didn't hit an old fella it just hit a fellow Latics fan.It was a pound coin someone must have too much money.