budding referees

A goalkeeper taking a free kick his left foot slides on the greasy surface touches the ball he then kicks it out with his right foot what would your decision be. I saw it happen tonight on tv viewers of Qpr v Man city match do not answer for a while you are watching the match. Its the first time I have seen it done in 60 years of watching football. get your thinking caps on

Kicks it out for a throw in or a corner?

Throw in or corner (provided the ball left the box for the corner) Basically the ball is not in play until it leaves the box. In this instance of an indirect free kick inside the box, you could turn around and kick it into your own goal and it would be a corner. (assuming referee knew that aspect) A goal kick kicked into your own goal is retaken. Smart teams use this as a delaying tactic from goal kicks as well it would be a brave referee to give a caution first up (unsporting behaviour the only sanction possible)

The Laws of the Game are a good read (138 pages including explanations)

When you have been referee to FIFA ExCo member twice in 2014 you better know the Laws ....

Throw in or corner (provided the ball left the box for the corner) Basically the ball is not in play until it leaves the box. In this instance of an indirect free kick inside the box, you could turn around and kick it into your own goal and it would be a corner. (assuming referee knew that aspect) A goal kick kicked into your own goal is retaken. Smart teams use this as a delaying tactic from goal kicks as well it would be a brave referee to give a caution first up (unsporting behaviour the only sanction possible)

The Laws of the Game are a good read (138 pages including explanations)

When you have been referee to FIFA ExCo member twice in 2014 you better know the Laws ....

There are obviously 92 very stupid teams in England, as I have never seen this happen!

Sorry it was in the penalty box it was a dead ball kick

Is this the rule, as he was near the pen spot, I thought dead ball was inside 6 yard box?

Could ref have given indirect free kick for taking the free kick yards ahead of where the foul was committed?

I know I wouldn't give a free kick the other way for a indirect free kick taken in the wrong spot without a warning. Not a fight worth picking. Insofar as the 6 yard box, any indirect free kick inside it to the defensive team must be moved out to the 6 yard line. If there is a question of whether the whole of the ball was outside the box or not before a player touched it, I tend to err on the premise of being totally satisfied the whole of the ball has left the box. Easier to deal with a retake. In the end I know I make errors in refereeing because simply I don't have the best view.