O2 Suite/ Executive Box

I've done it a few times. It's a good laugh if you're with a decent crowd. A player comes up before hand for a chat, some ok food, beers are flowing, man of match comes up for an interview, more beers, a raffle and stuff. Should be a good day if you take a few mates.

The O/S says its a 'cash bar'

I've only ever been in when it was the pie & pint upgrade deal a few seasons back so can't comment on the food. Was a decent experience, first time we had Robbie Simpson come up and the second Weslowski (and I won the prediction, so was presented with a bottle of wine from wes).

Staff were really friendly and broady was a great compare (not sure who it would be now)

Only slightly annoying bit was one of the games we were sat next to a group of the 'WAGS' who weren't remotely interested in the match, only bitching and gossiping with each other.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

I'm going in with me dad next Saturday. I've been in once before, a terrible midweek match at home to Brentford when Ronnie Moore had just taken over. As usual we slumped to a 0-2 defeat against a play-off chasing Brentford side. Midway through the second half someone popped their heads in and asked us to choose a man of the match. The only person we could think of who hadn't completely disgraced himself was Dean Holden so we picked him. Was pretty amusing hearing the crowd reaction when it got announced five minutes later.

I must admit, Even though it was comfortable, warm and fairly nice facilities I much, much prefer to watch from the stands. I think the fact that you're behind glass just detatches you from the atmosphere, what little there is of it anyway.

. I think the fact that you're behind glass just detatches you from the atmosphere, what little there is of it anyway.

I went in a box at White Hart Lane when we played there back in premiership days. The volume from outside could be adjusted...

I'm going in with me dad next Saturday. I've been in once before, a terrible midweek match at home to Brentford when Ronnie Moore had just taken over. As usual we slumped to a 0-2 defeat against a play-off chasing Brentford side. Midway through the second half someone popped their heads in and asked us to choose a man of the match. The only person we could think of who hadn't completely disgraced himself was Dean Holden so we picked him. Was pretty amusing hearing the crowd reaction when it got announced five minutes later.

I must admit, Even though it was comfortable, warm and fairly nice facilities I much, much prefer to watch from the stands. I think the fact that you're behind glass just detatches you from the atmosphere, what little there is of it anyway.

The corner flag was slightly better, as it had windows, but the atmosphere is definitely stunted in the O2 suite.

Went today. The meal was a bit odd though. Perhaps it was the earlier than normal kick off time that threw the caterers; A huge steak (which was cooked nicely, even if no-one was asked how they liked it cooking) with one of the hash browns that you get from McDonalds and an egg cooked inside a tomato(!?). Decent though, just a bit odd. Free pint to start with too.

The PA guy was also the compare and wasn't that good really. He just didn't look very natural with a mic in his hand and kept getting words mixed up etc. They dragged Jack Truelove up and asked a few questions. I'm sure if they tried harder they could have a player or ex-player who'd be a bit more interesting than a teenager shuffling around looking clearly like he'd rather be downstairs having 'bantz' with his mates. This part of it felt hugely forced and, if I'm frank, a bit unprofessional. The other time I've been Andy Barlow was the guest and was excellent.

Ignore what it says on the itinary about smart dress, no trainers. It seemed to be a wear whatever you like affair. We then had a choice of boxes and we ended up in one with David Mellor, Amri Morgan-Smith and Forte's missus, parents and 2 year old toddler who spent the entire match waddling up and down the back row trying to hit everyone on the head with a bunch of keys. They have speakers inside now which playback the outside atmosphere so this wasn't so bad. As a one-off upgrade it was fine but I'd much rather be in the stand watching.