Round Two

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt Warrington at our place would be televised. These "David v goliath" ties usually only shown when said david is at home

It might get televised as the tv companies tend to follow a small team that has already knocked out league opposition. Personally I'd love to get Tranmere at home. They are pooh at the moment.

As easy a tie as possible.

All about being in the mix for Round 3, and the potential plumb tie.

Warrington would be a minging game to pull out of the hat. At their ground, IMO we wouldnt have it easy at all, poor pitch, pumped up players and a spikey crowd; with a low amount of Latics fans allowed - and i'm not sure they'd go back-to-back TV appearances either.

Warrington at home: they wouldnt bring that many IMO and, on a far better pitch; whilst we'd have a greater chance of out-footballing them; I'd worry about our players. It was good to watch on Friday night; but some of those tackles they put in were shocking. I'd worry one of our key players would get a bad one; and we can't afford that.

Easy as possible, at home, and be in the mix up for Round 3...

Edited by slystallone

Gosport Borough, Forest Green, Altrincham and Blyth all play today. Any of those home or away would do for me. Altrincham would have a certain drunken, tram-ride across Manchester charm about it.

Alty away is a good shout, you'd have to fancy it being a Tv game. Alty at home would probably be one of those Sunday games that they are doing this season. Therefore I think that would be a few more £ in the coffers. What's Alty's gate like at home, as I could see them bringing a lot more than the 130 odd Orient brought yesterday

Alty away is a good shout, you'd have to fancy it being a Tv game. Alty at home would probably be one of those Sunday games that they are doing this season. Therefore I think that would be a few more £ in the coffers. What's Alty's gate like at home, as I could see them bringing a lot more than the 130 odd Orient brought yesterday

Been to Alty a few times for my football fix whilst Latics are in some far-flung hole I'm not hardcore enough to go to, cracking little club with a decent set up. Their average attendance is somewhere just below the 1,000 mark, but may be slightly more now they're in the conference. Proper old school ground with only 1 sitting stand and 3 terraces. They have a small handful of fans who generally contribute a fairly decent atmosphere too.

Ground is roughly 15 min walk from all the transport stations and they have a club suite which opens up pre game and half time for booze. Would absolutely love them away in round 2 if they get through.

Been to Alty a few times for my football fix whilst Latics are in some far-flung hole I'm not hardcore enough to go to, cracking little club with a decent set up. Their average attendance is somewhere just below the 1,000 mark, but may be slightly more now they're in the conference. Proper old school ground with only 1 sitting stand and 3 terraces. They have a small handful of fans who generally contribute a fairly decent atmosphere too.

Ground is roughly 15 min walk from all the transport stations and they have a club suite which opens up pre game and half time for booze. Would absolutely love them away in round 2 if they get through.

Agree with that summary, tidy little non-league ground that we'd sell our allocation out for. The away end is an uncovered terrace however, and with the 2nd round being played in December I'd be taking a very thick coat with a hood!

Only been Alry once saw Our reveres beat Man United reserves in the Manchester Senior cup.

Would love Worcester got a few mates who support them I met from watching England.

Saying that both Blyth or the winners of the Basingstoke or Telford being a good un

Agree with that summary, tidy little non-league ground that we'd sell our allocation out for. The away end is an uncovered terrace however, and with the 2nd round being played in December I'd be taking a very thick coat with a hood!

You will have to settle for the far flung Blyth now.

Edited by BP1960