Daniel Johnson joins on Emergency Loan till 5/1/15

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the rules re. Number of clubs in a season?

Does this mean that come January, he can only extend with us or re-join Chesterfield?

Also, he's the one that LJ wanted to sign in the summer but his dad told him not to isn't it?

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Had a great game when we played Chesterfield

I'm a bit wary of players who have great games against us, Poleon being one.

Isn't he the one LJs dad didnt recommend?

Ive never seen him so cant comment, just hope he's the Edgar Davids type of player some of our fans think he is.

Edited by BP1960

When did Poleon play against us?

yeah, LJ was interested in this lad before he ended up going to Chesterfield, but his Dad put him off; with an unfavourable report from his loan stint with Yeovil...

Ive never seen him so cant comment, just hope he's the Edgar Davids type of player some of our fans think he is.

Ah, memories of Mike Fillery.....

I didn’t go to the Chesterfield away game, the reports are good, but I don’t see where he fits in. Unless its just to bring an extra body in to fill the squad out? I doubt that though as he will be coming here to play.

I personally at the moment don’t think this was needed, but the reports on the lad are positive.

When did Poleon play against us?

yeah, LJ was interested in this lad before he ended up going to Chesterfield, but his Dad put him off; with an unfavourable report from his loan stint with Yeovil...

Yes tore us apart on the wing as I remember when with Bury.

I didnt go to the Chesterfield away game, the reports are good, but I dont see where he fits in. Unless its just to bring an extra body in to fill the squad out? I doubt that though as he will be coming here to play.

I personally at the moment dont think this was needed, but the reports on the lad are positive.

Looks like will play instead of Winchester who I dont think LJ is totally convinced about.

He's been getting a lot of the assists for Doyle. I believe Chesterfield couldn't resign him after their loan so hes with us in January, then presumably either us or Chesterfield can sign him until the end of season or he goes back to Villa?

Yeah there's a bit of a theory on Chesterfield's forum suggesting he's here to keep match fit till they can re-sign him in January.

Would LJ be interested if they already have something in place? Can't see it myself.

I didn’t go to the Chesterfield away game, the reports are good, but I don’t see where he fits in. Unless its just to bring an extra body in to fill the squad out? I doubt that though as he will be coming here to play.

I personally at the moment don’t think this was needed, but the reports on the lad are positive.

I think we always need to sign players that appear to be better than what we've got :grin:

We seem to be signing the best players available this season rather than going with the least worst option available for positions we're slightly weaker in.

Brian Wilson is a prime example - we've had poorer right backs than Brown, Kusunga & Winchester but LJ knew what a good player, and character he was, so went and signed a fourth.

Yeah there's a bit of a theory on Chesterfield's forum suggesting he's here to keep match fit till they can re-sign him in January.

Would LJ be interested if they already have something in place? Can't see it myself.

It's still worth a punt - we might get a good loan spell out of him and he might prefer us to Chesterfield

If we get to the FA Cup 3rd round we might well be able to buy him.