Daniel Johnson joins on Emergency Loan till 5/1/15

Just watched a couple of YouTube videos of him (wasn't at the Chesterfield game)..

Seems he's primarily left footed, seemed to be a box to box midfielder who has pace to push forward. Noticed he captained villa's youth team a few times and he scored a lovely goal against fenerbace youth where he intercepted the ball on the edge of his own box, played it forwards and used his pace to get up the other end to get onto a through ball and a neat left footed finish.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He picked the ball up from defence and was always in the middle of Chesterfields play. Seemed to be always in or around the 18 yard box when not on the ball.

Was a very decent and tidy player head and shoulders above many on that day.

Also proves how well he did because our fans were continually calling him a :censored: Edgar Davids - very noticeable and not just his hair

Yeah there's a bit of a theory on Chesterfield's forum suggesting he's here to keep match fit till they can re-sign him in January.

Would LJ be interested if they already have something in place? Can't see it myself.

That's slightly overegging the pudding for this, isn't it?! :

At least they'll be able to keep him match fit for when he re-signs for us in January

That's slightly overegging the pudding for this, isn't it?! :

There's previous on that forum suggesting a deal had already been done. I remember reading it on there around the time we played them. Some suggesting it was permanent.

Edit- although now I think about it, if that was the case then Chesterfield wouldn't be very happy about us loaning him and risking injury ect. if a deal was already done.

File it in the bollocks pile.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Good move at the right time, this is when the 5 booking suspensions start to bite into the playing staff.

Yep, decent point.

Kelly picked up his 4th booking on Saturday, and i think James Wilson is also on 4 too.

Elekobi / Lockwood might be coming in if Wilson picks up another, and Daniel Johnson coming in if Kelly gets another...

Think LJ has worries over Winchester's ability to last 90, and I think he's right. He was non-existent for last 20 on Sat, and that's a regular occurrence. Plus Daniel Johnson offers a bit of competition for Philly, no-one else in the squad is likely to play that number 10 role (maybe Dayts or Winchester at a push).

Good signing, but probably pushes Dayton and (injured) Tidser even further down the pecking order.

I'm a bit wary of players who have great games against us, Poleon being one.

Isn't he the one LJs dad didnt recommend?

Ive never seen him so cant comment, just hope he's the Edgar Davids type of player some of our fans think he is.

JCH played well against us, came here played well and moved up to the next level. I wasn't at the Chesterfield game but apparently he was a right handleful. He was on the bench 8 times for Villa's first team last season so these loan are more than likely to get him used to first team football rather than showcasing him to potential suitors, he is here until January let's see what happens after that.

JCH played well against us, came here played well and moved up to the next level. I wasn't at the Chesterfield game but apparently he was a right handleful. He was on the bench 8 times for Villa's first team last season so these loan are more than likely to get him used to first team football rather than showcasing him to potential suitors, he is here until January let's see what happens after that.

Agree its worked out well for Grealish having a season with Notts County in League one he is now a regular in Villas first team squad, they may be hoping Johnson can benefit in the same way.

Best player on the pitch at the Chesterfield game every attack came through him very good on the ball and I said at the time he looks a top player this lad, rated highly by villa and recently signed a new 2 year contract, competition for Philly and it gives another option from the bench, just look how strong our squad is now, we've probably got one of the best benches in the league

I don't usually notice opposing players unless they have an outstandingly good game and I noticed Johnson easy enough against us. Not sure where he is going to fit in but I doubt it will be from the bench, apart from Saturday, maybe. He showed confidence, skill, pace and energy - just up our street.

Edited by mikeroyboy