Daniel Johnson joins on Emergency Loan till 5/1/15

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair Pete I was at Hull the day Leigh Palin finished Fillery's career, it was his first start for us.

Probably one of the worst tackles I have ever seen.

You're right, it was a shocker

He'd always played really well for Brighton against us and it seemed a good signing ....but because of that tackle it didn't work out

Now...as astottie mentioned .... for Jon Keeley !

Edited by LaticsPete

The Birmingham Mail reckon that he will be leaving in Jan/summer.

I've just read that myself...... Maybe a permanent deal is in the pipeline..........

From the paper,

The 22-year-old Bodymoor Heath academy graduate spent the first part of the season on loan at Chesterfield.

Johnson, who has been at Villa since 2009, has also had a temporary spells at Yeovil.

He is out of contract at Villa next summer and is expected to leave after never making a senior appearance for the club.

"I think he has been the classiest player we have ever had on loan."

"Daniel Johnson has been a pleasure to watch!! He is head and shoulders above any of our current bunch and if it was my decision would break the bank to sign him!!!"

"I'd personally like to wish him all the best and would love to see him here again (though I can't see it happening). He's been a fantastic loanee and he's the main reason Doyle has bagged so many goals."

"I wanted to shake the blokes hand and thank him for what he's given us (he's been a sheer joy to watch) and to wish him all the best"

From Chesterfield forum

Edited by Markspark92

As he is primarily a left footer, perhaps he offers cover for Forte rather than Winchester? Forte still appears to be struggling in some games with his niggling injury and does not train all the time in the week. Daniel Johnson may offer similar pace and poise on left side. Could be a useful signing for the team - offers pace, skill and flexibility in the midfield / forward area.

As he is primarily a left footer, perhaps he offers cover for Forte rather than Winchester? Forte still appears to be struggling in some games with his niggling injury and does not train all the time in the week. Daniel Johnson may offer similar pace and poise on left side. Could be a useful signing for the team - offers pace, skill and flexibility in the midfield / forward area.

So Johnson comes in at left midfield and 'Super' Mike Jones goes on the right! Johnson/Dayton alternatives for Philly. Winnie becomes a sub for Right/'Centre' Mid

Ibere plays up front with Forte replaced at 60 minute stage by Poleon or vice versa! Turner/Bove give additional attacking options from the bench.

Mills 'owns' that left side when attacking so Johnson plays a bit on the inside. All pretty good options bearing in mind our financial state!

Sounds positive for a permanent move if things work out,

From the Chron.....

I was on my way back home to London after being with Villa for the week, but once I knew Oldham were in for me I had no hesitation in coming here, he said.

I would have come earlier if Id had the chance. I just want to play - hopefully until the end of the season, but well have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by oafc1955

It's called the football players dialogue every player has it goes along the lines of

Buzzing to be here at (insert club here)

Great club

Soon as I heard of (insert club here) interest it was a no brainier

The fans are great here at (insert club here)

I share the same vision as (insert manager name here) and there's a good bunch of lads here

It's called the football players dialogue every player has it goes along the lines of

Buzzing to be here at (insert club here)

Great club

Soon as I heard of (insert club here) interest it was a no brainier

The fans are great here at (insert club here)

I share the same vision as (insert manager name here) and there's a good bunch of lads here

Bloody hell Mark that's a cynical view. Don't you think the lad had wanted to play for latics and LJ in front of fewer that 4000 folk all his life?

• 2 weeks later...

Worth just saying how good that assist was yesterday. Dropping the ball dead-weight onto the penalty spot for someone to run onto is some skill. This lad and Philly should rip apart teams at BP.

You could watch it on loop...https://www.twitter.com/oafcvines/status/536566697134944257

Yes Agreed - 2 games and he has done brilliantly for most of both of them- sheer class that goal last week and as above the assist was equally fantastic- He is the sort of player that you just love to see perform- really hope we can get him for a lot longer than 5th January

Yes Agreed - 2 games and he has done brilliantly for most of both of them- sheer class that goal last week and as above the assist was equally fantastic- He is the sort of player that you just love to see perform- really hope we can get him for a lot longer than 5th January

I think an appeal from Playesgare will result in the best ever donations.