Daniel Johnson joins on Emergency Loan till 5/1/15

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume he can sign a permenant deal anywhere in the January window if Villa want to.

If Villa think he still has potential and want to keep him on their books / think that another few months in the 'shop window' means that they could get a bigger return on him in the summer - then I think he has the option of staying until the end of the season with either us or Chesterfield. Not sure how much the player influences the choice of the club OR whether Villa decide based on (I presume) the amount the loan club is willing to contribute to his wages.

Anyone know what his contract length is with Villa?

I presume he can sign a permenant deal anywhere in the January window if Villa want to.

If Villa think he still has potential and want to keep him on their books / think that another few months in the 'shop window' means that they could get a bigger return on him in the summer - then I think he has the option of staying until the end of the season with either us or Chesterfield. Not sure how much the player influences the choice of the club OR whether Villa decide based on (I presume) the amount the loan club is willing to contribute to his wages.

Anyone know what his contract length is with Villa?

Out of contract at the end of the season.

Out of contract at the end of the season.

In which case I can see Villa trying to get some income for him in January - and another 6 weeks of the performances he has put in for us and I can see a bigger League One club / Championship side offering 5 figures for him.

In which case I can see Villa trying to get some income for him in January - and another 6 weeks of the performances he has put in for us and I can see a bigger League One club / Championship side offering 5 figures for him.

If Winchester/Wilson do one in Jan hopefully we can use some of the funds for this lad as he's top notch. Sign him on a 2 year deal perhaps with an option I can see someone buying him for more at a later date (unless we actually get out of this division).

If Winchester/Wilson do one in Jan hopefully we can use some of the funds for this lad as he's top notch. Sign him on a 2 year deal perhaps with an option I can see someone buying him for more at a later date (unless we actually get out of this division).

Comes down to the timing of the sales...

Enjoy him while we can would be my advice, our only real hope is if Villa have seen enough to offer him a new deal and are looking to loan him out for the season for more game time, then it would be a straight choice between us and Chesterfield, personally think Winchester could be as effective if he made a few lifestyle changes and got his arse in gear but it would seem the managers lost faith in him again which is a shame.

It was Winch going on international duty coinciding with DJ coming in that meant he lost his place and DJ's performances have meant he has had to wait his turn.

Lets not forget the only reason we got DJ was because Chesterfield stuck him on the bench for 4 consecutive games so he saw his arse and didn't want to stay there. If LJ does the same then I can imagine him not wanting to stay here especially given he's in the last year of his contract

I've not seen Johnson play, but we were a solid team before he joined.

I wouldn't discount signing him as he's sounds a very good player, but If there's money to be spent in January and we don't get Johnson I'd invest in a decent striker as I think we're too reliant on Forte for goals up top.

Baxter type deal in January with a possible buy out clause agreed...if we go up there's a great chance he could stay.

He's well worth a major gamble this lad and I don't see how we could lose out long term.

We need to establish whether he's for sale first and four most but he's a crowd favourite already and a permanent move here would give the supporters a huge boost.

A win against Doncaster and another plum 3rd round draw would certainly help the cause!!

I've not seen Johnson play, but we were a solid team before he joined.

I wouldn't discount signing him as he's sounds a very good player, but If there's money to be spent in January and we don't get Johnson I'd invest in a decent striker as I think we're too reliant on Forte for goals up top.

Agree. We have to face the thought of Forte being out for long spells. We have cover everywhere else.

Winny dragged off at half time tonight - clearly not impressing LJ

For me he did quite well, there was another bit of skill that left 3 of theirs for dead.

He was a little bit isolated and Dayton didn't look anywhere near his class in the '10' role nevermind Johnson's or Philly's.

However, I think he was subbed due to the formation change, we had 2 genuine wingers in the second half and in the period where we dominated it seemed like Philly was playing as a false 9. He could have left him on to play RB, I suppose but I thought B Wilson did well for most of the second half

Does Winchester smoke?

Didn't realise that. Disappointing to see anyone his age smoking, but when you are a professional athlete then it makes it an even harder decision to understand.

Of course there have been players in the past that have smoked like a chimney and had amazing careers, but the game is more athletic these days and also you have to be bloody good to be able to say it is not harming your game.