Mellor

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far from me to know about finances within the club but I'd envisage the reason he has been kept on is because he's cheap. A squad player at best (at current for sure) he isn't getting picked because there are numerous better options so loaning him out is a no brainer.

Nail on the head. His versatility also being an asset, without him we might have to find additional bodies for CM, LM, and LB, he is all those rolled into one relatively cheap package. Currently we don't need those additional bodies so he can go out on loan.

I agree that he was a signed on in close season as a very cheap versitile squad player, but saturday there were some very tierd legs out there and we were getting pushed further and further back becuase of it, and yet as our only option he still couldnt get 5 minutes. This says to me that regardless of the reasons he was signed he has now become a wasted wage.

I see no evidence that Mellor will go on to be a significantly better player elsewhere.

The point about the Rotherham game is significant - as was his non-performance in the game at Brentford. On both occasions his manager had trusted him to deliver in a big game (in the first instance, making changes to a side that had performed superbly at Preston.) and in both cases he let his manager down royally.

Thus despite being re-signed for his versatility he is plainly well down the pecking order at this time which is fair enough.

If he does well somewhere else in the future he will have demonstrated mental strength he has not shown here - and I hope for his sake he does.

His early performances as a ball playing fullback are sadly a distant memory, I for one have doubts he will hit those heights again.

ive seen a massive backlash on facebook and twitter from this thread but its an opinion at the end of the day. The majority is that Mellor needs to move on and is not good enough. If this was Dayton or any other player nobody would bat an eye lid so why at David Mellor

Edited by SavageTheBeast

Re submitted. Eardley constantly slagged off. Tierney another.

You've already mentioned this. I figure you're having problems with your connection/phone/whetever.

Mellor needs a chance somewhere, he will be the next Eardley. Slagged off and then go on to much better things. Kept us up 18 months ago. Good luck lad.

We have relatives and friends posting on this topic which is fine - however please think about posting etiquette - quote post or nobody has a clue what the :censored: you're going on about, don't start threads on subjects already running, and everyone is entitled to a point of view - but don't act the :censored: when it differs from your own.

Why do you have the right to put :censored: and :censored: in a post , who the :censored: is rummy. Stop some other meaning less posts that spout rubbish, why block mine? This forum is boring and out dated.

I have the same right as you, sugar.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, but if the shoe fits - lace the :censored:er up and wear it. Now clear off.

Get rid as far as I'm concerned. He's not a young player breaking through anymore, he's had chances and he's not taken them with both hands. He's had a loan spell and hasn't shone. We can't keep hoping he'll come good just because he's put in the odd decent performance.

If he makes it elsewhere then fair play to him and good luck to the lad.

But bye bye from me.

I see no evidence that Mellor will go on to be a significantly better player elsewhere.

The point about the Rotherham game is significant - as was his non-performance in the game at Brentford. On both occasions his manager had trusted him to deliver in a big game (in the first instance, making changes to a side that had performed superbly at Preston.) and in both cases he let his manager down royally.

Thus despite being re-signed for his versatility he is plainly well down the pecking order at this time which is fair enough.

If he does well somewhere else in the future he will have demonstrated mental strength he has not shown here - and I hope for his sake he does.

His early performances as a ball playing fullback are sadly a distant memory, I for one have doubts he will hit those heights again.

As I see it the manager is building a squad of players who can play consistently well and I don't think Mellor fits into this category, he will make mistakes though in his judgement from time to time and that's part and parcel of the game.

I was hoping this would be his season like winny.

He has a lovely long ball on him and did a good job when we played Liverpool snuffing out sterling...or it could have been Sturridge as I have slept since.

Obviously something's a miss and I'm sure it will come out in the wash.

But at the mo, he's our player and we should support until otherwise.

Shows potential for 3/4 years but hasn't lived up to it. If he leaves for a lower level and knuckles down he may progress in the future as he has talent.

He couldn't hold down a first team spot previously and the squad has improved. Did nothing of note on loan.

I say let him go, he is nowhere near as good as Eardley was at the same stage in his career. Potential career in league 2 but if LJ can't see it in him then maybe not.....

How is the manager trying to manoeuvre Winchester out of the club when in fact out of all the managers going back to Penney he has given him a run of games and he's vastly improved. Unfortunately for Mellor he's not going to dislodge kelly or Jones at the moment because they are doing well at the moment. He needs a good six month loan maybe where he's playing regular to get his fitness up.

Obviously having friends affects my ability to make judgements :censored:ing hell I give up!

Usual suspects that don't say boo to people's faces the usual gob:censored:es that don't have the bollocks to say things to people's faces. Toddle on chaps....

First point - it's just a strange coincidence that whenever there's a post/thread about Mellor you're in the thread "quicker than a greyhound" as a friend put it. You also seem to have a beef with LJ judging by some of your other posts - is it because he's not giving Dave a go? Awww.

Second point - not sure what you're bleating about. I know who you are, but I don't know you, why would I "say boo" to your face?

Where's this LJ manovering Winchester out of the side come from? I've heard a whisper that LJ wants him gone in January, which is of similar ilk too. Where's it coming from eh? Surely if LJ didn't fancy him as a player; Dayton or Tidser would have been playing since the season started. They haven't though, he's been playing Winchester.

Strange...