Team for Crawley

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think he fits in with the new, slicker style of football we've been playing in his absence? I don't.

People have brought this up a lot about Lockwood, but I think he doesn't get enough credit for his ability on the ball. He played some lovely passes last season that led to goals, and with Kelly dropping deeper to collect the ball off the two centre-halves his job will be made even easier. For me, he's a better defender than both Dieng and Kusunga and is a good passer; when match fit and with no Elokobi, should be an easy decision for LJ.

People have brought this up a lot about Lockwood, but I think he doesn't get enough credit for his ability on the ball. He played some lovely passes last season that led to goals, and with Kelly dropping deeper to collect the ball off the two centre-halves his job will be made even easier. For me, he's a better defender than both Dieng and Kusunga and is a good passer; when match fit and with no Elokobi, should be an easy decision for LJ.

He's far from awful with ball at feet, whether or not he'd want to be pegging it out wide to receive it from the keeper every time could be a different matter.

Hopefully he won't be called into any incidents which may lead to a yellow as we could do with him for Sheffield United and Rochdale.

Do we play Preston in between those or before Sheffield United because he could always pick up an intentional yellow and miss the less important game...