The English National Side

Max points from our first 4 qualifying games.

Proper :censored: England, play as individuals not a team, would sooner watch paint dry etc etc :D

True but we tend to look good in qualifying campaigns get to tournaments and just don't fulfilled our potential, solve this and there would be a lot less apathy from the general public.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Scotland V Ireland game was crap. A masterclass in how to waste possession. England do that quite often and get criticised for not caring (they do care, they just aren't as good at football as we'd expect or demand).

Thought it was really good to watch

Proper old fashioned British game, passion, strong tackles, both teams going it

Much more entertaining than to me to you

Thought it was really good to watch

Proper old fashioned British game, passion, strong tackles, both teams going it

Much more entertaining than to me to you

I fully agree with both your sentiment and your poetic syntax.

I think you're actually digging a bigger hole...

They can only beat the teams they play, max points out of four games which included two tricky away games and the boo brigade still ain't happy, if you want to know whats wrong with the England team, it's fans like you and the media slating them at every given opportunity!

They can only beat the teams they play, max points out of four games which included two tricky away games and the boo brigade still ain't happy, if you want to know whats wrong with the England team, it's fans like you and the media slating them at every given opportunity!

No. What's wrong with the team is the top division being bloated by greedy foreign players and coaching methods that are neanderthol in comparison to other countries. I thought you of all people would be able to see that.

Ha!

OK sweetie...

I'm sure we all admit not every England game is a thrilling 90 minutes entertainment. Personally I believe home games should be taken on the road and I feel some of the ticket prices are nothing short of scandalous.

But one thing that I find amusing are those hypocrites who are the first to fly the St George's flag out of their house come Major Tournament time then feeling the need to shout from the rooftops in November how little they care about the same team.

Just in from the match, (live in Scotland) sat in the Scotland end and I can honestly say I've never been to a match anywhere where there is such hatred towards the other team and fans.

I got dogs abuse throughout so glad to be home

In one piece!!!!!

England fans were excellent throughout, they must have been taking lessons from the athleticos!

Just in from the match, (live in Scotland) sat in the Scotland end and I can honestly say I've never been to a match anywhere where there is such hatred towards the other team and fans.

I got dogs abuse throughout so glad to be home

In one piece!!!!!

England fans were excellent throughout, they must have been taking lessons from the athleticos!

To be fair, if you've been in Scotland for more than five minutes you'd have realised that was going to happen. It's what makes the win so sweet. Not that England won, but that Scotland lost in what is their World Cup final.

Well how silly do you feel now?:D

Ha :)

Serious tho Not silly atall, I went with scotland win or draw at evens. So either we win and Im happy or we dont and some cash softens the blow. Tis a bet I often do. Win win situation its like paying an extra £20 to guarantee the win!!! Remember when we needed to draw in turkey to qualify? I put £100 on turkey and was glad to lose.

Ha :)

Serious tho Not silly atall, I went with scotland win or draw at evens. So either we win and Im happy or we dont and some cash softens the blow. Tis a bet I often do. Win win situation its like paying an extra £20 to guarantee the win!!! Remember when we needed to draw in turkey to qualify? I put £100 on turkey and was glad to lose.

I went for a 3/1 on Rooney to score anytime and England to win.

I've slagged England off either on this or other threads and will do so in future. Last night showed what my problem with England is most of the time, that spell when players were kicking lumps out of each other but no player stayed down like a wuss was exactly how it should be. Players used to be kicked up in the air and wouldn't have dreamed of showing any pain to the opposition - this has changed now so it was good to see a return to a man's game. Plus England played with a tempo and to their strengths rather than trying to not be what they aren't and play a continental style game.

Granted it was a Championship level side that we beat but we should play like that against the better side rather than trying to match them. But the best bit was when they scored only to have their hopes crushed by us scoring again. The best comedy writers couldn't come up with something that good.

I've slagged England off either on this or other threads and will do so in future. Last night showed what my problem with England is most of the time, that spell when players were kicking lumps out of each other but no player stayed down like a wuss was exactly how it should be. Players used to be kicked up in the air and wouldn't have dreamed of showing any pain to the opposition - this has changed now so it was good to see a return to a man's game. Plus England played with a tempo and to their strengths rather than trying to not be what they aren't and play a continental style game.

Granted it was a Championship level side that we beat but we should play like that against the better side rather than trying to match them. But the best bit was when they scored only to have their hopes crushed by us scoring again. The best comedy writers couldn't come up with something that good.

When they scored their fans were like we were when the fifth went in against Peterborough last season!!! With one over enthusiastic Scotsman jumping the fence and running towards the england fans in his kilt followed by about 30 stewards and coppers!

I've never felt more of a smug proud Englishman when Rooney got the third and a stunned silence and dawning reality within the Scotland fans fell upon them.

The FA would do themselves a favour by making sure that we have more friendlies against the home nations. Knowone is arsed about friendlies against Chile and the Ukraine. If we are playing in major tournaments we will have to play against a variety of sides, however having friendlies against 2 home nations per year would ensure the public take an interest in the national side.

Plus the players would prefer it Jack Wiltshire came of the pitch and said he loved every minute of it last night. Would he have said that had we played at wembley against Ghana?

Edited by GlossopLatic