The English National Side

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure we all admit not every England game is a thrilling 90 minutes entertainment. Personally I believe home games should be taken on the road and I feel some of the ticket prices are nothing short of scandalous.

But one thing that I find amusing are those hypocrites who are the first to fly the St George's flag out of their house come Major Tournament time then feeling the need to shout from the rooftops in November how little they care about the same team.

Apparently England is going to be chucked out of Wembley as Wembley will be home to an Amercan Football Team.

The FA would do themselves a favour by making sure that we have more friendlies against the home nations. Knowone is arsed about friendlies against Chile and the Ukraine. If we are playing in major tournaments we will have to play against a variety of sides, however having friendlies against 2 home nations per year would ensure the public take an interest in the national side.

Plus the players would prefer it Jack Wiltshire came of the pitch and said he loved every minute of it last night. Would he have said that had we played at wembley against Ghana?

I think they would have had more of such matches if it wasn't for the Ireland match in '95.

The FA would do themselves a favour by making sure that we have more friendlies against the home nations. Knowone is arsed about friendlies against Chile and the Ukraine. If we are playing in major tournaments we will have to play against a variety of sides, however having friendlies against 2 home nations per year would ensure the public take an interest in the national side.

Plus the players would prefer it Jack Wiltshire came of the pitch and said he loved every minute of it last night. Would he have said that had we played at wembley against Ghana?

Agreed.

And how good was Wilshere last night? Plus Lallana showed some tremendous close control when he came on

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I nearly didn't bother watching last night but really glad I did. England were superb throughout and it was a pleasure to watch. Rooney did a lot to restore my faith in him and when you consider who was on the bench or missing (Sturridge for example) there is a lot of genuine potential if they can play like that on a regular basis.

The quality of players coming out of the Southampton set-up is astonishing!!

England fans were seriously good too.....a solid ten minutes of "cheer up Gordon Strachan...." before half time was hilarious!!

Really??? :censored:in hope so. I now hearby take a teeny tiny interest in the field of american 'football'

The Jacksonville Jaguars will be the likely team to move should it come to pass - though they will get a new name of course. If it helps seal the deal they're about as :censored: at American Football as we are at Proper Football...!

At work today I was called all sorts under the sun (in jest), as I really enjoyed the way England tried to play their football, albeit against slightly inferior opposition. I have been quite critical in recent years about the English team , as someone who used to attend England matches in the 80's and 90's it was refreshing to watch last nights game. Who knows this could be a second coming for me.

Leaving to one side the song they were backing, if that bloody :censored:ing band get shut down as a result then that would make the whole thing more enjoyable.

I never really had much time for the band until Tuesday night as said eslewhere on this thread, more home nations games and move them around the country.

Just shows you that put a side out in a full stadium that holds 50/60,000 mostly genuine fans and the team will respond with a display of passion .

Wembley - 90,000 there , of which probably half are either FA pals or corporate guests and you get a stadium with little or no atmosphere and the players find it hard to respond.

Just shows you that put a side out in a full stadium that holds 50/60,000 mostly genuine fans and the team will respond with a display of passion .

Wembley - 90,000 there , of which probably half are either FA pals or corporate guests and you get a stadium with little or no atmosphere and the players find it hard to respond.

My only England game (Chile before the World Cup) I was there with 4 tickets my mate got as he works for the local council and I'd say the majority around me were local give aways of one sort or another. And it was half empty. I think they're lying when they say they have to play there for money, they'd take more from 40000 Mackems paying for their tickets.