Sheff Utd Away

No, not normally. It's all ticket for away fans, so you must get it in advance. They've requested further 500 tickets from the Blades so there should be plenty left.

The official club Twitter feed said that you can pay at the ticket office at Bramhall Lane, but I'd ring them up to confirm that.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first time to Sheffield United this - does anyone know where most Latics fans will be drinking before the game?

In 2012 on Twitter the South Yorkshire Police asked Latics fans to drink in two pubs:

@OfficialOAFC #oafc If you want a drink prior to game use the Howard or Globe PH near to station please.

In 2012 on Twitter the South Yorkshire Police asked Latics fans to drink in two pubs:

If they're as vigilant regarding fan segregation as they are regarding child abuse and crowd control, we should be fine to drink wherever we want.

(sorry, couldn't rise above that. There's a good chance I'm not gonna get into the ground on Saturday.)

Where did they say that? The last article I read was that tickets need to be bought in advance.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20141118-sheffield-united-tickets-2089345.aspx

The tweet seems to have been deleted. Very strange. Anyway, asked if you could buy tickets on the day of the game they replied saying 'Yes, you can buy tickets before the game'.

I'd definitely ring up to confirm this though.

EDIT: I just rang up and was told you can arrange to collect the ticket at Bramhall Lane ticket office online but it has to be done by Friday before 3pm. You can't just rock up and pay on the day.

Edited by NewBlue

Over 1000 sold i reckon we coukd push 1500

selling 500 in one day? na, be 1100 there... if it was pay on the day we might have seen 1500! (ive not bought mine yet, I'll drop a figure on here when i buy one last minute tomorrow) is the ticket office open until 5?

Try phoning the ticket office. You may be able to buy over the phone and they can keep it at the reception (open till 5) for collection.

will give that a try, you'd think it would make sense for sheff united to just keep tickets selling until before kick off at the ground... maximise sales!

will give that a try, you'd think it would make sense for sheff united to just keep tickets selling until before kick off at the ground... maximise sales!

I'm wondering if the over-exuberance of Latics fans in recent seasons has led to us being made all-ticket, so sales on the day and sit in the top bit where you can't get on the pitch.

Coming by car and was hoping to park in or near the city centre, get something nice to eat in the city centre and avoid all the boozy football fans, and then walk to the ground. Any tips ?

There is a car park on the corner of Matilda Street and Eyre street. S1 1DJ.

Coming by car and was hoping to park in or near the city centre, get something nice to eat in the city centre and avoid all the boozy football fans, and then walk to the ground. Any tips ?

We usually go in a multi storage in the centre. About 10 minutes walk from the ground nice and easy. If I remember correctly it's the roundabout after the retail park first left then theres a multi storage car park there - obviously depending on which way you come :)

Last year I parked literally on a street 2 minutes walk away from the away end and it was free...

Can't remember the name of the street but there was plenty of spaces. Was a pay and display but free on Saturday and Sunday.

Will definitely be looking to park there again tomorrow.

Edit: Just looked on Google maps and it was Hill Street.

Edited by oafc_lover