Forte

9-10 goals from left midfield, off the boil since being moved, there's a question to be asked for sure.

On the left probably doesn't fit in with the preferred diamond shape, hence played up front.

I doesn't take teams long to suss out systems.

Edited by BP1960

The manager criticised him before today for recent under par performances and my feeling was that the first half was the same. The diamond shape does not suit him and like Poleon he's looking a frustrated player.

Edited by BP1960

The manager criticised him before today for recent under par performances and my feeling was that the first half was the same. The diamond shape does not suit him and like Poleon he's looking a frustrated player.

The diamond's been sussed out now, time to go back to the 4 4 2 with Forte out wide.

Were we not playing the diamond when we played Coventry and he tore them a new one,scoring 2 goals?

Why does a couple of below par performances from Forte, when he could have had the flu bug or be struggling with a minor injury, automatically draw a conclusion that our very successful recent tactics have been "sussed out"?

Edited by slystallone

Anyone who plays fantasy football regularly that strikers generally have peaks and troughs in form...Forte has had a great scoring streak surpassing everyone's expectations...I think he is due a couple of poorer performances without being subject to criticism...anyone who expected him to score a goal a game is kidding themselves

On the left flank, but the diamond shape doesn't allow for that.

He was such a threat on the left flank it seems crazy we cant accomodate him into a system that gets the best out of him, against much better teams away from home he caused no end of problems for opposition defences down that flank he just doesnt look comfortable in the current system and we have managed to nullify our main attacking threat which seems very strange.