Crawley (H) - Post-Match Discussion

No it wasn't?

Chubs is right footed. It was put across the box, onto Chubs right side.

He had an option to give it back to Dieng, who had made an angle for him to do that, or - clear it up field.

He did neither. He fecked about with it, played a wank ball to J Wilson, who found himself under pressure and miss-hit his clearance, and we were out of position, in a poor shape and shipped the goal as a direct result.

In no way, shape or form could any blame for that goal be levelled at Dieng.

Chubs' fault all day long...

I don't like being wrong so I scurried away to see the highlights and...ahem...I'm wrong.

Just shows how different you can see things at the match. I thought Dieng, then Chubbs, then Wilson fecked it up.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always get a shocker at least once a season but that was truly awful....I don't blame Dieng at all, there was no danger whatsoever if the keeper gets shut up field straight away instead of pissing about with it....a poor clearance from Wilson didn't help but Rachubka takes full ownership for me.

Is it just me that thinks Rachubka seems to struggle when dealing with shots from distance?

Its all about analysis these days Pete as we know from the manager. The days when the main tactic was give the ball to the likes of a Bobby Johnstone or Alan Groves and let them run the game have unfortunately long since gone.

Having said that, from what I saw yesterday my instructions would be give the ball to Damien Johnson and let him run the game.

Nah, I would have given it to Daniel Johnson...

You always get a shocker at least once a season but that was truly awful....I don't blame Dieng at all, there was no danger whatsoever if the keeper gets shut up field straight away instead of pissing about with it....a poor clearance from Wilson didn't help but Rachubka takes full ownership for me.

Is it just me that thinks Rachubka seems to struggle when dealing with shots from distance?

Nope, me too.

Must be the genes.

Definitely not Dieng's fault, like Sly says, he's passed it to his strong side, offered the option and Chubs has time to hump it long.

I can't understand why LJ has picked him out in his i/v with Chubs and Wilson. Done a decent job as a stop-in centre half, just seems unnecessary to have a pop.

Definitely not Dieng's fault, like Sly says, he's passed it to his strong side, offered the option and Chubs has time to hump it long.

I can't understand why LJ has picked him out in his i/v with Chubs and Wilson. Done a decent job as a stop-in centre half, just seems unnecessary to have a pop.

unless he was told not to pass back?

but I agree, mostly Rachubka's fault, but Wilson's clearance was a shocker too.

Mistake by Chubs, for sure, but Wilson should also have done much better. However, Chubs' distribution (usually short and quick) has been key to how we've launched many attacks this season so I'm quite OK with one slip up rather than simply booting it down the field each time. Of course, he's no Neuer but I'd hate to think what some would make of him should he every rock up to Latics asking for a game.

Mistake by Chubs, for sure, but Wilson should also have done much better. However, Chubs' distribution (usually short and quick) has been key to how we've launched many attacks this season so I'm quite OK with one slip up rather than simply booting it down the field each time. Of course, he's no Neuer but I'd hate to think what some would make of him should he every rock up to Latics asking for a game.

Get back in your Goal you Kraut barsteward!