Reserves beaten

Reasonably strong team and conceded four - not sure how much we read into this but the lack of regular reserve team football is not a good thing in my opinion.

Got to agree, you would think some of those fringe players must have performed very poorly today for Morcambe to turn them over like that, not the best preperation for the next couple of weeks thats for sure.

We have had as many reserve games as we have needed to.

Seems to me that the fringe players would benefit from regular games. From the rarely wrong:

'Following the weekend’s disappointing display when Athletic laboured to a 1-1 home draw against struggling Crawley Town, it was important that a number of senior players were given a run-out in a fixture which also saw Dominic Poleon score.

Johnson added: “We needed to get a number of players some game time. It was an important one for us – it definitely served a purpose despite the result.”'

I'm of the opinion that LJ would agree with me!

Seems to me that the fringe players would benefit from regular games. From the rarely wrong:

'Following the weekend’s disappointing display when Athletic laboured to a 1-1 home draw against struggling Crawley Town, it was important that a number of senior players were given a run-out in a fixture which also saw Dominic Poleon score.

Johnson added: “We needed to get a number of players some game time. It was an important one for us – it definitely served a purpose despite the result.”'

I'm of the opinion that LJ would agree with me!

My point is we seem to have quite a few of these reserve friendlies, we have not had any difficulty organising them when we have needed to.

My point is we seem to have quite a few of these reserve friendlies, we have not had any difficulty organising them when we have needed to.

Unlike reserve league matches they are always behind closed doors, what's to hide?