Rhys Turner

Whatever it is, whether he's the next big thing or not, if he's a crock Oldham aren't in a position to hope for the best. Awful situation for the young lad but if there is no improvement between now and May I can't see any reason why we would keep him on

Retain him-he will be on low wages! Definately has potential, we just need to bear with him as he grows!

Retain him-he will be on low wages! Definately has potential, we just need to bear with him as he grows!

...and send him to the labs in the Biomechanics Department of our new University Partners, and do some testing if we're keeping him.

There's underlying issues to be diagnosed here with this lad. Something isn't quite as it possibly should be with him - if it's spotted and can be diagnosed; it can be worked on / worked around.

I'd start with looking into his lower back or for the dynamics of his running technique in terms of how he's planting his feet for starters...

Edited by slystallone

If he's injured 90% of the time whatever money he's on isn't he classed as expensive?

Yes he is a luxury we cant afford but he must be showing enough when he is fit to warrant being around the first team, suspect he will be given every chance but the club cant afford to spend no end of money trying to get him going.

Kevin Randall Chesterfield centre forward in the 1970s and scourge of the Latics as some will remember.He left school and played for Droylsden before being signed by Bury.We played in the same school team, but despite offers myself I took a career path on the railways and some part time scouting, strangely enough I bumped into him for the first time some 40 years after leaving school to find out he was the chief scout at a Premiership club.

Cheers bp

Good goal scorer, remember him at notts county too

The fact is he's 18 and had too similar injuries. Seen as LJ managed to get Corney to pay a fee for him as a 17 year old shows that he's got a promising talent plus when you consider that he's being around the 1st squad since day one and he's being put on the bench shows that LJ does have faith in him. This means that when he is fit he'll get out on loan to somewhere like Hyde or Curzon to get game time and get 'match' fit. Then he can get back he should be an asset to us which means most likely he'll be sold on leaving us with a nice return on our investment.

We've got to give our young kids time to prove themselves rather than chucking them out because they 'aren't fitting in the mould.' This is shown with Winch. Many on here at the end of last season wanted him gone saying it was "dead money" but he has played constantly and proved people wrong which shows what time can do.

Andie Ritchie also had lots of hamstring problems, that was eventually traced to his back. He didn't do too bad once it was fixed.

Rhys is still only a kid, give him time and all the assistance we can, and all will be forgotten if he comes good.

Best player ever to pull on a Latics shirt, and you can't spell his name right...