Whelan in trouble ?

Anybody hearing his comments on the Rooney rule on radio 5 a few months ago could have any doubts how out of touch he was.

The 'coloured lads' just don't fancy coaching - but are lovely lads!! The casual racism and ignorance in his language was unbelievable!!

Radio 5 had to apologise as soon as he left the air!!

His comments about Jewish people are a journalist's dream..

"The Jews don't like losing money. Nobody likes losing money. Do you think Jewish people chase money a little bit more than we do? I think they are very shrewd people.

I think Jewish people do chase money more than everybody else. I don't think that's offensive at all.

In answer to the original question of can he be so ignorant?, well yes he can but should that be a surprise ? I would suggest his views are not that much different than a very large number of people in this country and he/they do not think they are being racist or discriminatory. We all base our views/opinions on what we know/ learn and we are all subjected to a diet of stereotypes. Whether we chose to believe them or not is the key. We have all grown up with a view that Jews are money grabbers, the Irish are thick , Scots are tight, because these myths are perpetuated unless we challenge them. My stereotypes might be different than Dave Whelans, e.g. all Wiganers eat pies, but they are no less valid if I choose to believe them. The problem comes when I use them to base my actions/ manifesto on them. Jews may be money grabbers but does that mean one commits genocide? Poles may be taking plastering jobs over here (not the same as taking jobs from our plasters) but does that mean all foreigners should be sent home after a certain period of time?

The whole issue is far too complex for a bear of little brain like me, but can I say that I do believe all Wiganers eat pies, all Yorkshiremen have close liaisons with woolly creatures and people from Marsden have 4 thumbs?

Was Whelan criticising Jewish people or just stating the bleeding obvious?

He was being a dick.

I once worked in a predominantly Jewish area and discovered some of the locals were entrepreneurial, some aren't.

Broad brush stereotyping is not really on in this day and age.

He was being a dick.

I once worked in a predominantly Jewish area and discovered some of the locals were entrepreneurial, some aren't.

Broad brush stereotyping is not really on in this day and age.

And there may the odd black man with a tiny cock.

A couple of millennia of Jews being renowned for their acumen with money & business will take a while longer to escape the conscience I reckon.

There are far more negative, far less accurate stereotypes for people to get their knickers in a twist over in their quest for PC brownie points.

But any will do it seems......

A couple of millennia of Jews being renowned for their acumen with money & business will take a while longer to escape the conscience I reckon.

There are far more negative, far less accurate stereotypes for people to get their knickers in a twist over in their quest for PC brownie points.

Clutching at straws there aren't you?

He's been a dick with what he's said, and continues to be with his further quotes.

His 5Live interview and these comments, allied to his appointment of Malky show how blantanty out of touch his is.

He'd be best keeping away from any media for a while. But - as he loves the sound of his own voice so much; and can't resist a little soundbite; that'll never happen.

You know he once broke his leg in the FA Cup final? Never mentions it, but he did...

Edited by slystallone

He'd be best keeping away from any media for a while. But - as he loves the sound of his own voice so much; and can't resist a little soundbite; that'll never happen.

You know he once broke his leg in the FA Cup final? Never mentions it, but he did...

and right on que http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30164891

Good grief.

Oh dear. You've missed the irony haven't you? Doc Brown provides some exceptional social commentary and he would find many, many of your posts and alleged (I can't verify to my absolute satisfaction that the Facebook posts I've seen belong to you, of course) opinions absolutely abhorrent. He would consider you completely worthless of a response, he's a better man than I.

The fact you posted this is an embarrassment.

Oh dear. You've missed the irony haven't you? Doc Brown provides some exceptional social commentary and he would find many, many of your posts and alleged (I can't verify to my absolute satisfaction that the Facebook posts I've seen belong to you, of course) opinions absolutely abhorrent. He would consider you completely worthless of a response, he's a better man than I.

The fact you posted this is an embarrassment.

Got the reaction I was looking for :D

oh and if dont like my posts on Facebook delete me from your friends list or address me in person about it, shouldn't be too difficult considering you know who i am?