Sheff Utd Post Match

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refereeing was disgraceful. Ibehre's first booking to giving them throw ins that never were their's, he was appalling.

Not a bad performance I thought by ourselves. We seemed to lose all footballing ability once they scored though. Johnson and Mills in particular couldn't pick out a player in blue. Decent result, but off the first half alone we should've scored more than a single goal.

Interesting to see Philliskirk take up Winchester's position and Johnson at the point of the diamond. They both played well, but I don't think the counter attacking style we had for some of the first half suits their styles as well as an higher system does. We wasted too many breaks. Them two should tear up teams at home though.

I'm happy with away draws, especially against the opposition we've faced on the road so far, but we have to turn these draws into victories at the lower end teams we're going to face soon.

More praise for players and fans from Sheffield forum

"Really like what I saw from Oldham for an hour today played fast moving atacking football, mixed up the long and short game so were never predictable and hey guess what? They played two strikers and gave our defence all the trouble we could handle.

Now us.. Oh dear.. pass It from side to side and back again and side to side and back again then eventually play it into a midfielder who has two players on his back an we lose possession and on the back foot defending again.

Only when we brought JCR on after an hour did we look like doing anything and it puts the opposition off their game as well when the have to worry about defending for a change.

4-6-0 might scrape us into the play offs where we will lose to someone like Oldham or Swindon, but it won't get us into the top two.

One more thing I thought the Oldham fans were tremendous, best we have had here all season."

We don't half get some shocking refs against the blunts... Thought we were excellent and deserved a win, there was only one team in it till their goal which gave then belief and they looked lively for a 10 or so minute period before it went a bit quiet. JCR always does well against us.

However, we have the most draws in the division with 9. 7 of those are score-draws of which we've been ahead at some point in 6 of them. Something to address?

We don't half get some shocking refs against the blunts... Thought we were excellent and deserved a win, there was only one team in it till their goal which gave then belief and they looked lively for a 10 or so minute period before it went a bit quiet. JCR always does well against us.

However, we have the most draws in the division with 9. 7 of those are score-draws of which we've been ahead at some point in 6 of them. Something to address?

We have lead away at Posh, Sheff u and Chesterfield. We need to start killing teams off. Wilsons chance goes in and we win that game despite playing against 12 men. Worst referee I've seen in a long time.

We have lead away at Posh, Sheff u and Chesterfield. We need to start killing teams off. Wilsons chance goes in and we win that game despite playing against 12 men. Worst referee I've seen in a long time.

The bold bit us a sign of how far we've come.

But confirms we still have some way to go. We certainly aren't a serious automatic promotion contender because we are unable to see games like today's out.

I'm not comfortable with the tactic of sitting deeper when we take a lead away from home. We had Sheffield Utd on the ropes today and if we'd kept at them I think we'd have been out of sight by half time.

That said, we are a very good team. Our current league position is a fair reflection of where we will probably end up. We might sneak into the play-offs but more likely than not we'll fall just short because of games like today and last week only yielding a point.

Elokobi returning might just tighten the defence a little. Another option up top would be nice.

But the standout display today was from Andy Davies, the referee. We had nearly three times the number of fouls given against us as our opponents. We also had a man sent off thanks to one of the most innocuous bookings you've ever seen. Yet Sheffield Utd were the dirtiest side I've seen this season. Davies made Andy Woolmer's performance at BP a couple of seasons back look top notch.

Edited by opinions4u

Ibhere was immense today, held it up well and ran at their defence. Proper target man performance. Then he goes and gets himself stupidly sent off and we're put under pressure for the last few minutes (shouldn't have been on a booking in the first place though).

Special mention to the fans. The performance was top class on the field, but that support was great to be a part of. I think I'll have the Super Oldham chant in my head for days.

Bring on Dale.

Special mention to the fans. The performance was top class on the field, but that support was great to be a part of. I think I'll have the Super Oldham chant in my head for days.

Job for the Athleticos and their drum: Slow that Super Oldham chant down so it's a bit more like this rather than Depeche Mode on acid...

Edited by NewBlue

I generally think our fans are deluding themselves when we complain about the referree. Today's was the biggest :censored: that I've seen in many's the year.

And a fat Jose as a false 9? :censored:ing hell.

He's certainly been no stranger to the pie shop since he left us!

Jose was very poor for them today, and the late shove on Wilson should have seen a yellow card, but nothing surprised me with the ref today, that was a truly woeful performance, big Jabo who was awesome today got absolutely nothing from him although the centre halfs were kicking lumps out of him.

Kelly was also stand out for me. Shame we couldn't take all 3 points but I would have took a point before the game so I am reasonably happy.

Had to laugh in the Howard before the game, there were a few Brum supporters in I asked one how Grounds had been doing for them, he looked puzzled as he didn't know who he was, seems when he goes to the games he doesn't take much notice, all a bit strange if you ask me.

Scoring is still a Big problem for us.....if we could rectify it we would walk this league. We have consistently outplayed the fancied teams with the Big budgets away from home but time and again we have failed to capitalize on our superiority.

I would bust a gut to try and sign Johnson who Blades fans are raving about....Wilkinson would also be a permanent target. If it means selling Winchester to finance it then so be it.

If we fail to go up we could cash in on them both

especially Johnson who's a Big talent and would no doubt earn us a lot of money.

We have a great chance of promotion this season and need to really go for it......make no mistake

If we don't this team will be ripped apart in May when we will almost certainly lose the likes of Jones, Forte, J Wilson, Elekobi, and maybe one

or two others.

One Blades fan said he thought he'd seen the future champions today.....make of that what you will but when it's opposing fans saying it you should really take notice.

Still out drinking in Sheffield with 12 or so of my old Uni mates and to a man they are saying we are the best they have played this season and the away following.......whilst not the biggest they have had this year was by far the loudest they have heard for as long as they can remember.

I can hardly talk but jot sure if that's the ale or not