Sheff Utd Post Match

Looking at the match stats yesterday Sheffield United only commited 7 fouls, tells you all you need to know about the refs inability to give us a decision, of those 7 fouls 5 resulted in yellows for very cynical hacks, that means they only commited another 2 fouls in the whole of the 96 minutes, what a load of tosh.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can only appeal straight reds.

I've been watching the football league highlights and just from watching the league one highlights so far I've seen three players getting their fellow professionals sent off through obvious play acting. Gary Jones sent off for Notts County, Chris Lines for Port Vale and Jabo Ibehre for us. I know people will say you can't raise your hands or put your head towards someone (but not actually headbutt them) or as in Ibehre's case do a little kick which wouldn't hurt my Grandma but I think it's a farce. If you're going to get sent off anyway you might as well get full value and really smack them one. The punishment is the same.

Jones' was a definite red. Horrible tackle.

Lines' was a definite red as he raised his hands to his face. Though Alli's slow death was embarrassing.

What does everyone think of the incident at the end regarding Poleon going through on goal and being pulled back? For me a definite red card plus where the free kick was took from was miles away from were the incident happened

I can only assume the referee's decided the angle is too tight to be a clear goalscoring opportunity. Completely contradicted by where he allowed the free kick to be taken from.

Given that he was heading to goal (not away from goal) my understanding is that the guidance referees have been given is red card.

Edited by opinions4u

Looking at it again, I think it's a yellow.

Referees should be allowed to book players for ridiculous over reaction too.

My understanding is they can but they aren't encouraged to do so- it's ungentlemanly conduct. (Incidentally is that PC?)

The same for 2 yellows in the same incident which would have seen Tomkins get sent off yesterday for West Ham.

Why? I think Dieng has been fine whilst Elokobi has been out. I can't remember him putting a foot wrong yesterday.

I certainly wouldn't put him straight back into the team given the way we are playing at the minute.

6 clean sheets with him in the team, just 1 in 10 since his injury.

Why? I think Dieng has been fine whilst Elokobi has been out. I can't remember him putting a foot wrong yesterday.

I certainly wouldn't put him straight back into the team given the way we are playing at the minute.

As much as I like Big George, this post is how I feel, Timothee was outstanding yesterday, he is becoming a valuable asset to the squad. If James Wilson picks up an injury or accrues a suspension my hope is that George would partner Timothee as they would be similar as a partnership as George and James.

We are actually holding a decent hand defensively.