The Pre-Dale which boozer you going to thread

For those mentioning drinking on Kingsway side of town.

Make sure you tell your taxi driver to avoid queensway/Roch Valley way.

Best bet is to turn right on Oldham road and get him to cut through deeplish and head down past Asda. About 100 yards on the left is some factories. Traffic starts to build up again there so get out and walk up the hill to the ground from there. It'll save you about 10 minutes on your journey and about a fiver on your fare that would have been added in all the guarenteed traffic.

I used to live in dale near Roch Valley way and every match day it was tailbacks so best to avoid if you can

Tram early for me. Breakfast in regal then over to Yates for the atmosphere. Few of us ended up in Castleton after we got booted out of town the other year.

In a car, go on the motorway, turn off towards heywood rather than going to Rochdale.

Go up Queens Park Road, you will then be in Bamford. A mile from spotland and will avoid the Roch Valley Way Traffic. Miles quicker than the other way.

Edited by pukka

In a car, go on the motorway, turn off towards heywood rather than going to Rochdale.

Go up Queens Park Road, you will then be in Bamford. A mile from spotland and will avoid the Roch Valley Way Traffic. Miles quicker than the other way.

This is the best route, but are any of the boozers still open after you get past the Winston Churchill (is it still called this)

I'm going to go up Tandle Hill before sunrise, performing my Druidical rites, causing the Monument to reveal it's full Owlish form briefly as the first beam of grey light reaches it. Then I will lead my band on a direct route along the ley line to Spotland, destroying everything in our wake.

We might spare the Tavern.

This is the best route, but are any of the boozers still open after you get past the Winston Churchill (is it still called this)

It was more for people driving than for pubs. The Elephant is open up Bury road. Its a 25 min walk from spotland though.

I'm going to go up Tandle Hill before sunrise, performing my Druidical rites, causing the Monument to reveal it's full Owlish form briefly as the first beam of grey light reaches it. Then I will lead my band on a direct route along the ley line to Spotland, destroying everything in our wake.

We might spare the Tavern.

I don't know why, but your post reminded me of this

Finish shift 9am. Brekkie/beers in Oldham and then tram to Dale.5 of us going and then Yates and walk to Crapland.Pity .Same coming back.Lets all have a good full day out.Win or lose were on the booze.I always remember Latics packing out the Sandy Lane end and walking round to the other.LOL.