JPT v Preston

We looked far too lightweight 1st half, what a difference 2nd half, anyone who cant see what Kelly brings to our team must be blind. The man ran the show 2nd half, he makes the game look easy, also well played Timothee, looked comfortable in both roles LJ has found a good one again.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winchester was plain awful, Dayton looked out of place in the middle and it was generally a bit of a mess first half.

Second half showed just how important Kelly and Forte are in this team. Played some nice stuff and took the goals well.

Sat in the Main Stand Upper for the first time in years. It's like sitting with a load of angry P.E teachers.

Agree with everything said thus far about the evenings game, but wish we would retain our positivity when in front.

The first 15 minutes of the second half were breathtaking and we simply blew them away......and then sat deep and went long into the channels!!

When we have the tempo in our game that we did through that spell our movement flows and we destroy teams....slow it down and we end up with poor options and heading backwards!!

Agree with everything said thus far about the evenings game, but wish we would retain our positivity when in front.

The first 15 minutes of the second half were breathtaking and we simply blew them away......and then sat deep and went long into the channels!!

When we have the tempo in our game that we did through that spell our movement flows and we destroy teams....slow it down and we end up with poor options and heading backwards!!

Thought Dieng was great in the first half, kept Davies and Beckford quiet, then was a monster in centre mid in the second half. He's come on leaps and bounds already.

Kelly is probably our most important player. Tidser had his job in the first half and didn't do it at all well. Triple substitution was radical, and worked, well done LJ.

Don't care about a keeper skying a peno, stuff like that happens. Chubs back Saturday though, Etheridge was hesitant coming off his line - when Kusunga went flying over the hoardings, it was cause Ether didn't come out.

Gash in the 1st, much better 2nd. Dayton is so lightweight and poor it is unbelievable. He can go for me. The whole set up was a mess until half time.

Forte is a different class at this level, the ball he put in for the equaliser was sublime. Nice to see Poleon in his natural position too - he's not a striker.

Thought Etheridge did more right than wrong, but did look a little nervy.

Pens are pens and whilst disappointed, not gonna be too suicidal.

That said - :censored: PNE. And :censored: Grayson. Can't stand them.

:chubb:

Dieng was quality tonight don't think elokobi will walk straight back in to the side when he's fit, my MOM wasn't to fussed about the end result we played some very good stuff second half we had a very strong Preston side on the ropes for about 15 minutes in the second half our passing was slick and the second goal we scored was quality.

On the new keeper one worldie save and did ok mostly apart from thier equaliser where I thought he spilled it, decent back up to have, gutted for the lad that he missed the penalty, ah well ! I'd expect Chubs to be back for Saturday can't wait !

Don't think we sat deep. We scored the goals because we risked playing 2 wide speedsters behind their wing backs , they then changed to a back 4 and we had less space.

For me the issue with the squad is that it is deep enough for us to have a decent enough replacement for nearly every player but the team can only cope with 2 or 3 max at any given time. Play more than that and we are really weakened which I think was self evident tonight. I don't think any of the 3 that went off were particularly poor (pole on was far worse) but together they drained the team

Edited by astottie

First half we had too many headless chickens - preston were a team of giants who pressed and closed us down - typical grayson hoofball with that filthy t**t davies up top....johnson very animated on the touchline - tidser seemed to be getting the brunt of it- dayton never got in the game ,winchester tried but another who had little impact.....2nd half dieng moving forward freed up jones to roam.. kelly is the heartbeat..forte mooches about but is dangerous and poleon put in the effort on the left which allowed mills to get forward.

The young keeper wont (and shouldnt) start on sat - we are still short of a leader at the back and he will only increase the problem - i would mention kusunga who i thought was one who tried to get forward at rb in the 1st half and steadied the back line at cb 2nd half.

Philliskirk was caught in possession leading to their opening goal..opposing teams have sussed out he dwells on the ball and are quick to pounce on this, he needs to learn to shield the ball much better..nicely taken goal though.

Edited by BP1960

Philliskirk was caught in possession leading to their opening goal..opposing teams have sussed out he dwells on the ball and are quick to pounce on this, he needs to learn to shield the ball much better..nicely taken goal though.

In his defence he did actually get up and win a 50/50 header in the centre of the park tonight :)

Dieng was quality tonight don't think elokobi will walk straight back in to the side when he's fit, my MOM wasn't to fussed about the end result we played some very good stuff second half we had a very strong Preston side on the ropes for about 15 minutes in the second half our passing was slick and the second goal we scored was quality.

On the new keeper one worldie save and did ok mostly apart from thier equaliser where I thought he spilled it, decent back up to have, gutted for the lad that he missed the penalty, ah well ! I'd expect Chubs to be back for Saturday can't wait !

Their equaliser he made a decent save and their centre-half beat a flat-footed defence to the ball. If he had held on to it then it would have been a brilliant save, he did well to stop it, but couldn't quite keep hold.

I'd love to see that from those cameras that we sometimes have on the stantions, it looked like possibly their CB barged someone out of the way to beat our defence to the ball.

He did well during the 90 minutes for me, and is definite competition for Rachubka.

Think tonight proved that when we play a full 1st team we are capable of beating anybody in this division.

Unfortunately the strength in depth is limited.

Particularly in midfield, replace one with Winchester or Tidser and we might get away with it, try and replace 2 or 3 in there and it's no go .

Still great progress from where we were 12 months ago.
I remember reading about Colchester when they got promoted a few years ago , their manager said the only way for a team like that to go up is to be lucky enough to have at least the 9 best players keeping fit and playing in every match.

The same applies this season for Latics !!!

That looked like a foul to me. Their defender went through the back of him for me.

That looked like a foul to me. Their defender went through the back of him for me.

I've noticed he's been caught in possession several times this season in central midfield areas, it's definitely a problem he needs to address. Can't fault his work rate though and good finish tonight.

Dayton is a pussy, he did absolutely nowt in that first half, lightweight isn't the word!!

This was a chance to show his class and I'm sorry but he has nothing to offer this team.

Winchester has plenty of skill and has improved no end but It would help if he occasionally lifted his head up. Decent player but lacks belief, fitness and application. If he plays every week we don't go up....simples.

If there is genuine interest in these two I would offload the pair of them and any money coming in could help secure Johnson beyond January.

I was looking forward to seeing Tidser but in Kelly's role he looked totally lost. On that showing he can go back to Rotherham anytime.

If we'd started the match with that 2nd half team we'd have won the game, even without Ibhere and Johnson. Our 1st 11 are a match for any team in this division and with a little tinkering and a couple of additions in the New Year I'm convinced this team can go up!

Dayton is a pussy, he did absolutely nowt in that first half, lightweight isn't the word!!

This was a chance to show his class and I'm sorry but he has nothing to offer this team.

Winchester has plenty of skill and has improved no end but It would help if he occasionally lifted his head up. Decent player but lacks belief, fitness and application. If he plays every week we don't go up....simples.

If there is genuine interest in these two I would offload the pair of them and any money coming in could help secure Johnson beyond January

If there were any offers for these 2 I think most of us would bite their hands off!

Ref decided from the get gp he was going to let shoves and pushes go, !might not have been correct but he was the same for both sides.

First half showed we can't afford to make wholesale changes just disappointing that Johnson sent out the message to curb the attacking intent, I'm sure we'd rather have seen us concededing going for a 3rd or 4th rather than the meek way we did so

''Winchester has plenty of skill and has improved no end but It would help if he occasionally lifted his head up. Decent player but lacks belief, fitness and application. If he plays every week we don't go up....simples.

If there is genuine interest in these two I would offload the pair of them and any money coming in could help secure Johnson beyond January.''

Totally disagree in Winchester. The fitness thing is LJ shooting his mouth off for some reason like he did with Mellor. He's the easy option to sub everytime and there are many occasions this season it's made no sense and it's been said on here. He was poor tonight though along with 8 other outfield players. He should have been central and Dayton on the wing for me, silly from LJ.

No money is coming on for Dayton and Winchester will be staying for a while I suspect.

Edited by super_blue