JPT v Preston

Winchester is the new Eardley by the looks of things.

No.

Eardley had his place in the team on merit, took his chance and kept it.

Winchester , as SlyStallone and Scapegoat have said, has shown patches of being a good player but is inconsistent and is out of the team because there are options that LJ thinks are better.

I know I'd rather have Johnson in midfield than Winchester at present.

That's not slagging Carl off...not making him a scapegoat...just recognising a pecking order of ability

Edited by LaticsPete

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Eardley had his place in the team on merit, took his chance and kept it.

Winchester , as SlyStallone and Scapegoat have said, has shown patches of being a good player but is inconsistent and is out of the team because there are options that LJ thinks are better.

I know I'd rather have Johnson in midfield than Winchester at present.

That's not slagging Carl off...not making him a scapegoat...just recognising a pecking order of ability

Agree.

Johnson is a better player that Winnie at the moment. Therefore whilst he is here, LJ should play him.

Winchester should improve with experience and more coaching and could provide competition or be able to step back in to the team in January should we lose Johnson.

All Ifs and buts but I can't help thinking if LJ had the budget PNE have we would walk this league, no problem....... Good tactical change at half time which almost worked, Some positives - Kelly showed what a brilliant player he is at this level and you dont have to run around like a headless chicken to dictate the play, something that used to wind me up no end when Wes was playing. Poleon goal- lets hope that gives him some confidence. Dieng- With a bit more match Savvy he looks like he could be a superb defensive midfielder. The new keeper played very well for his debut against the flying elbows of the PNE front line, almost got to a couple of their pens as well.

Not so positive - Bit rum to slag off the 3 players that went off at half time, put any one of them in that second half team and they would have done a decent job.

Overall all positive for me, PNE couldnt beat us in 90 minutes - lottery of pens after that. back to the league :first:

How did your mate Tidser get on last night?

I dont think he did much wrong..being thrown into a midfield with Winchester and Jones out wide looking like square pegs in round holes didn't help.

Edited by BP1960

All Ifs and buts but I can't help thinking if LJ had the budget PNE have we would walk this league, no problem....... Good tactical change at half time which almost worked, Some positives - Kelly showed what a brilliant player he is at this level and you dont have to run around like a headless chicken to dictate the play, something that used to wind me up no end when Wes was playing. Poleon goal- lets hope that gives him some confidence. Dieng- With a bit more match Savvy he looks like he could be a superb defensive midfielder. The new keeper played very well for his debut against the flying elbows of the PNE front line, almost got to a couple of their pens as well.

Not so positive - Bit rum to slag off the 3 players that went off at half time, put any one of them in that second half team and they would have done a decent job.

Overall all positive for me, PNE couldnt beat us in 90 minutes - lottery of pens after that. back to the league :first:

Good grief.

3 half time subs suggests to me LJ got it totally wrong in the 1st half - now he's trying to come the tactical genius while publicly slating players again. The 3 who were hooked at half time could have been any one of 6 or 7. Playing Poleon and Phili up front in the 1st half offered absolutely nothing.

3 half time subs suggests to me LJ got it totally wrong in the 1st half - now he's trying to come the tactical genius while publicly slating players again. The 3 who were hooked at half time could have been any one of 6 or 7. Playing Poleon and Phili up front in the 1st half offered absolutely nothing.

Good grief again.

I disagree, these are fringe players who were thrown in to try and stake a claim for a league start and keep up competition for places. Winchester aside Dayton and Tidser have had little game time and this was an excellent opportunity for them to show ability.

Unfortunately for them it wasn't taken. Whilst personally I thought both Kasunga and Poleon had worse 1st halves we won nothing in midfield, had no press and couldn't string passes together. That to me isn't a tactical error on LJ's part, it is just a number of pro's failing to do what others in the team were capable of second half.

If these players aren't good enough to come in and do a job which the established players are able to do, then I am sure LJ will be scouring the markets for ones that can. This will mean that players like Dayton, Winch and Tidser will be replaced.

Would he start with Jones in the same position on Saturday though ? Of course he wouldnt, so I think its fair for people to suggest some players where set up to fall, if your gonna give Winchester a chance having Dayton and Tidser as your central two isnt really the platfom, to be fair to Carl he would of thrived in the second half as well but the damage was done, the system we started with last night contributed to the defeat no doubt about it.

Confident words from LJ...

"Preston seem to be our nemesis at the moment but we are getting there," commented Johnson. "We haven't quite got their resources or back up squad like you saw in the first half but we will catch them."

Needs to beef up his squad, some of the PNE players looked like giants fed on raw meat in comparison.

Edited by BP1960

Dont forget PNE made 6 changes for this game too and came out hungrier.