Rochdale v Oldham - pound for pound footballs weirdest & least important derby?

...it might have just suddenly got a little more tasty for when they visit BP later in the season.

No-one likes losing a home game 0-3; especially not to the 'oiks' from down the road.

A few more games / days like yesterday and all of a sudden, this wont be such a mild derby...

This.

Turned abit nasty in terms of crowd activity after the Penalty.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a club that says they don't give a toss about Oldham they had almost double the amount of home fans yesterday than at some games this season. Officially had 4000 of them, no doubt there was a few hundred 'tics, but that's still a big increase for a match against a club they feel they have no rivalry with.

We won't double our home support when they come to BP...

For a club that says they don't give a toss about Oldham they had almost double the amount of home fans yesterday than at some games this season. Officially had 4000 of them, no doubt there was a few hundred 'tics, but that's still a big increase for a match against a club they feel they have no rivalry with.

We won't double our home support when they come to BP...

From what a Dale fan has told me the last time they broke 7,000 for a league game was in '92 against Burnley. But we're just another game to them, like MK Dons or Crawley. Edited by Ryan

Rochdale's highest League One attendances:

http://www.11v11.com/teams/rochdale/tab/stats/option/attendances

I know we've been in this league longer, but most of our attendance's at the bottom of that list are in the 6k bracket, whereas for Rochdale they're in the 2k bracket. Didn't realise there was that much difference in attendances, and shows how much they are punching above their weight at this level.

Interesting that our highest regular season attendance in the last 10 years is against Northampton!

Bloody hell. We got almost 10,000 in against Forest on NYD 2007. I wonder what we'd get for a similar fixture now.

8,941 against Torquay in 2005. I remember we were scrapping and Akinfenwa ripped us a new arsehole. Was that a discounted game or just big support in an hour of need?

Edit: re the first point, we could well see against Dale if we have a good (excellent) January.

Edited by jsslatic

It's one of the "great derbies in world football" according to Paul. :-)

Scholes’ week: What caught my eye

Man of the week: Frank Lampard Followed up a fine performance against Bayern with a goal against Southampton.

Manager of the week: Oldham Athletic's Lee JohnsonWho else? His team won 3-0 away at Rochdale, one of the great derbies in world football, and are up to sixth in League One.

Goal of the week: Marouane Fellaini’s first goal at Old Trafford He has shown great character.

Match of the week: Queen’s Park Rangers vs Leicester City QPR's victory showed a bit of steel in Harry Redknapp’s team.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/paul-scholes-column-barcelona-seem-bored-to-me-they-are-a-ghost-of-their-former-selves-9904796.html