Tom Youngs

I think this just shows the market we are in and our transfer / wages fund when you compare it to other clubs in our division the likes of Bristol City who are closing in on or are inked with Matty Smith from Fulham and Posh in for CMS.

Good luck to the lad and welcome to Oldham.

I think this just shows the market we are in and our transfer / wages fund when you compare it to other clubs in our division the likes of Bristol City who are closing in on or are inked with Matty Smith from Fulham and Posh in for CMS.

Good luck to the lad and welcome to Oldham.

Bigger crowds = bigger budget

Seems to be highly rated forward who we've signed with a view to having a look at. Supposed to be quick. Still think Wilkinson will be joining too.

Possibly....according to MC he may not be the only loanee coming in today from Bolton.

Only thing is I think LJ said Wilkinson was carrying an injury......we shall see.

Really goes to show the gulf in budget in this league. Matt Smith to Bristol, O'Grady to Sheffield, Beckford to Preston and Mackail-Smith to Peterborough and we get a kid from Bolton when we've scored less than them all except one more than Sheff.

Fans getting on board with our relative promise this season may still not have allowed us to get someone in of the standard of those above, but probably someone with a bit more experience and reliability. Hopefully crowds increase between now and Christmas and facilitate a bit more spending in January.

Edited by NewBlue

Really goes to show the gulf in budget in this league. Matt Smith to Bristol, O'Grady to Sheffield, Beckford to Preston and Mackail-Smith to Peterborough and we get a kid from Bolton when we've scored less than them all except one more than Sheff.

Fans getting on board with our relative promise this season may still not have allowed us to get someone in of the standard of those above, but probably someone with a bit more experience and reliability. Hopefully crowds increase between now and Christmas and facilitate a bit more spending in January.

Have the Matt Smith and O'Grady ones been confirmed as i can't see them anywhere?

Have the Matt Smith and O'Grady ones been confirmed as i can't see them anywhere?

O'Grady virtually done according to Sheffield journos. Smith 'poised' to sign according to Sky Sports.

On a side note, Leon Clarke will be going to League 1 today. Which team is anybody's guess. He'll be in demand.