Lockwood

Thank Christ for that. I've been enjoying this season : Lockwood being back in the team would have spoilt that...

It's not often I respond in this vein, but I sometimes wonder about your knowledge of football. He may not be the most gifted of footballers, but he's an old fashioned, no nonsense centre half. Without him last season, we could have been in League 2 now.

* I'm so pleased I used "have" and not "of".

Let's be serious though, Paddy is right, he may have helped last season but I don't want the clogger anywhere near our back four this season.

It's worrying to think LJ would put him in as back up over Dieng, who is young and has done a very good job there when asked.

He should be fifth choice and nothing more.

Edited by dec666

Let's be serious though, Paddy is right, he may have helped last season but I don't want the clogger anywhere near our back four this season.

It's worrying to think LJ would put him in as back up over Dieng, who is young and has done a very good job there when asked.

He should be fifth choice and nothing more.

Absolute rock at the heart of the defence, main reason we stayed up, 10 match unbeaten run. If LJ sees fit to play him that will do for me.

Lockwood is a leader at our club, a rock at the back, his role in the side isn't to play pretty football his job is to stop the opposition creating chances and scoring goals, our style of play going forward is not in Lockwood job description.

Kasunga for me is still a liability and makes errors, like in the 1st half against dale, fortunately dale missed those chances and we made them pay.

Once injuries and suspensions kick in the more partnerships/understandings we have at the back the better, whether that be lockwood/Wilson, Wilson / kasunga or any other pairing.

I'd like to see Lockwood at the club until the end of the season, possibly looking to loan him out with a recall clause if the other centre-backs stay fit. But I pretty much agree with the view that we've evolved to a level that's beyond him. Not a slight on him however, as he hasn't done anything wrong and has been very unlucky with injuries.

This could easily change in January though, depending on squad changes.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh