Paddy Kenny on loan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Chubbs always done well and in terms of mistakes he hasn't made many this season I don't think. Even the Crawly mess up could be argued that Wilson should have done better as well.

He has made plenty of good saves this season and a few of them have been great despite some on here trying to play that down.

Kenny looks out of shape and while he's been decent in the past he's 36 and probably looking towards the end of his career Do we really need him? I don't think we do He's also had his problems off the field is bringing any baggage?. I hope its just to keep chubs on his toes and LJ has made more good signings than bad but I don't think we need him

Rachubka has cost us more points than he has saved us this season. At least 4 matches we have been winning in he has made errors or hasn't saved shots that he should've, costing us goals, and ultimately points and wins - Peterborough, Orient, Sheffield United, Crawley. A team that wants promotion but isn't able to afford a host of quality strikers cannot afford that.

He either needs to improve or be replaced.

Age wise 36 shouldn't be a cause for concern for a keeper.

Weight-wise - I have visions of Andy Gs return where he covered half the goal but couldn't jump!

Etherington going out on loan to a championship club after his first start, which whilst not perfect was far from terrible and this loan in doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Agree with another poster about sticking plaster loans - they disrupt the team in my opinion.

I'll take anybody over Rachubka.

Yes, come back Dean Brill, all is forgiven...

Ridiculous Rachubka witch-hunt on here. I can think of a few goals he might have done better on, but certainly no howlers. I can also think of some superb saves he's pulled off, most recently in the FA Cup against Orient.

One loss in 15 suggests there isn't a lot wrong with our current first-choice line-up. Too many draws maybe, but we could easily blame the strikers for that for not taking chances in games when we're on top.

Edited by JoeP

Some ridiculous comments about Rachubka as stated above. He organises his back four effectively and has been part of a good unit.

Any change in the position is a huge gamble at present. Especially for a player whose work ethic and professionalism have been questioned very recently.

Will be amazed if there is a change on Saturday!!

One thing that I really like about Chubs, is his focus on getting the ball out from the back to one of our players via a throw.

Retains possession so much more than the lump up field approach. Not seen another Latics keeper do this as well or as much and I think really helps us build pressure against other teams.

Loan signings should in my opinion not be playing in front of your own contracted keeper - more than any other place on the pitch you need consistency and a chance for a relationship and trust to be built.