Paddy Kenny on loan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolton are being very nice to us lending us all these players maybe we will be returning the favour by selling them James Wilson in jan ?

Not what I've heard. I have heard someone a lot better than Bolton has asked about him, but as it's probably bollocks despite it coming from a well-connected source, I won't say who.

Not what I've heard. I have heard someone a lot better than Bolton has asked about him, but as it's probably bollocks despite it coming from a well-connected source, I won't say who.

Doesnt suprise me his all round play has improved no end this season the composure and ability he has on the ball at the minute is frightning, hopefully the extension on his contract has been triggered.

Yes, come back Dean Brill, all is forgiven...

Ridiculous Rachubka witch-hunt on here. I can think of a few goals he might have done better on, but certainly no howlers. I can also think of some superb saves he's pulled off, most recently in the FA Cup against Orient.

One loss in 15 suggests there isn't a lot wrong with our current first-choice line-up. Too many draws maybe, but we could easily blame the strikers for that for not taking chances in games when we're on top.

Absolutely right. He has a whole lot of qualities- probably the biggest is inspiring confidence in the 4 in front which he plainly does. He distributes the ball very carefully and has created many impressive counter attacks. His inclusion in place of what i thought was a disastrous Oxley- mistakes in every game i saw co-incided with long unbeaten runs both last year and this. The main problem is that a goalies mistakes cost goals, others can always blame someone else. e.g the Crawley game - no way he was solely to blame! Stick with Chubs and get off his back please. The team needs stability and support for all- at Bramall Lane it was a total team contribution.

I'm with you on that, Mangala has been struggling big time to fit in at Citeh and JW will be a perfect foil for Kompany

Rachubka is solid but not a good league 1 keeper. So many of the goals he has let in during this spell have been shots he should have saved. Weakest player in the side. Zero spring and really only brings organisation and experience to the side but big Paddy has far more of that.

Rachubka is solid but not a good league 1 keeper. So many of the goals he has let in during this spell have been shots he should have saved. Weakest player in the side. Zero spring and really only brings organisation and experience to the side but big Paddy has far more of that.

He's also been in goal when we've lost 4 in 30ish games. Might cost us a few points, but I'd bet he's gained us a fair few during this decent form, too.

I really cant get my head round the level of criticism chubs is getting here. Best keeper we have had in ages.

A decent keeper with a tendency to be beaten by snap shots from distance. Still good enough for this season but we should really be planning for the longer term and Kenny, although decent himself, is only short term.

Not even if the loan keeper is better?

Not even then. I think short term loans are generally disruptive, and particularly in that position.

Generally I think ST loans have there uses, providing cover when someone else is injured / suspended and you don't have depth in a squad. But I think that taking a first teamer out of a team that has been performing well for a short period because someone better has come along for a few weeks is bad for team morale and for working to improve as a unit. If you know that behind the scenes its a loan with a view to extend or make permanent then maybe its a little different.

Absolutely right. He has a whole lot of qualities- probably the biggest is inspiring confidence in the 4 in front which he plainly does. He distributes the ball very carefully and has created many impressive counter attacks. His inclusion in place of what i thought was a disastrous Oxley- mistakes in every game i saw co-incided with long unbeaten runs both last year and this. The main problem is that a goalies mistakes cost goals, others can always blame someone else. e.g the Crawley game - no way he was solely to blame! Stick with Chubs and get off his back please. The team needs stability and support for all- at Bramall Lane it was a total team contribution.

One goal which I also think Rachubka could have done better with. His distribution from the back is brilliant, as his commanding of the area, he just seems to get beaten by very innocuous efforts occasionally. Hes certainly not the worst keeper we have had, but someone with the calibre of Paddy Kenny challenging him, wont be a bad thing. The only other person who doesnt really have much competition is Mills (Mellor LOL) & him & Rachubka have probably been the biggest 2 hit & missers this season.

Kenny straight in at Rochdale says manager,too many soft goals have been let in. No Rachubka column in today's Chron..could he be leaving in January?

If he throws his toys out of the pram that easily then we're better off without.

That said I don't think for a second he's like that and think the fact we have 2 new signing may have just taken up the space where the column normally goes? I don't read the Chron so I'm not sure?

Edited by oafc_lover

A decent keeper with a tendency to be beaten by snap shots from distance. Still good enough for this season but we should really be planning for the longer term and Kenny, although decent himself, is only short term.

It might well be made permanent in January so we don't know that for sure.