New Board member appointed

Could be a bit of a coup this

Clearly a mate of SC.

Supporter of tthe club

And obviously investing money in.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/new-board-member-appointed-2110264.aspx

Can't see anything on that article suggesting investment.

His football consultancy business does suggest that we'll be seeing plenty of trialists from all corners of the globe pitching up at the Sports Direct however.

Back in the J W Lees. Ian Stott days one of the problems in my opinion was that we had a very aging board of directors with little or no ambition beyond getting their free hospitality to home and away matches. What I like about these last fwew appointments is that on the surface of it we are appointing younger more dynamic characters with good business acumen bit are also football fans. I really hope with this type of personality on board and a developing stadium, we start to get some of the sucess on the pitch we are all craving.

...from where / how do you deduce he's investing anything...?

Board members, either full time or non-Exec, still draw down a salary / income form the business in which they are a board member..... ergo I assume he's not dedicating his time for free.... and I assume he and SC can see ways of generating more income than the cost of having him?

SC owns 97% of the shares so he can do what he likes. I don't believe he doesn't have the club's best interests at heart. I assume he's monitoring the contribution of all Directors be that in monetary value or otherwise.

Welcome to Mr Gee. I hope it works out for all parties.

Interesting reading on that BriteSol Management team page ie:

"As well as being a main board director of BriteSol™ LLC, Anthony, along with Simon Corney represent BriteSol™ within a Joint Venture structure in the UK and Ireland."

From what I've read on their website BriteSol have a new type of low energy LED lamp that replaces the old incandescent ones but which never needs replacing. An everlasting bulb!

BriteSol also do streetlights. I can't find any mention of stadium floodlights (just billboard lights) but I should think they are working on them. So now we know why SC was incandescent when Latics we're told to improve their floodlights before he was ready.

Edited by laticsrblue

These are the type of people I want to see on the board again like the last board member SC drafted in its more of what he can potentially bring in to the club that sits well with me, it's also great to see we are getting football people in there who understand that the fans are crucial to success and survival of clubs at our level.

welcome to the board and the best of luck

...from where / how do you deduce he's investing anything...?

Board members, either full time or non-Exec, still draw down a salary / income form the business in which they are a board member..... ergo I assume he's not dedicating his time for free.... and I assume he and SC can see ways of generating more income than the cost of having him?

SC owns 97% of the shares so he can do what he likes. I don't believe he doesn't have the club's best interests at heart. I assume he's monitoring the contribution of all Directors be that in monetary value or otherwise.

Welcome to Mr Gee. I hope it works out for all parties.

In a FTSE company yes, but not at a lower league football club. Even Barry put a massive chunk in was it 1/4m.....

I grant you, he many not have written a cheque to get on the board, but he will have at least given goods or services to a significant monetary value that will benefit.

He will not have been appointed to simply draw wage in a loss making 3rd tier football club.

Interesting reading on that BriteSol Management team page ie:

"As well as being a main board director of BriteSol™ LLC, Anthony, along with Simon Corney represent BriteSol™ within a Joint Venture structure in the UK and Ireland."

From what I've read on their website BriteSol have a new type of low energy LED lamp that replaces the old incandescent ones but which never needs replacing. An everlasting bulb!

BriteSol also do streetlights. I can't find any mention of stadium floodlights (just billboard lights) but I should think they are working on them. So now we know why SC was incandescent when Latics we're told to improve their floodlights before he was ready.

Very good, you're a very bright spark.

The fanny:

"Although I grew up supporting Arsenal, I remember standing in the away end behind the goal on many occasions in the 90’s and have witnessed my team getting absolutely battered by Andy Ritchie almost single handedly. I could never forget one particular night which was probably the coldest I have ever felt at a football match."

Referring to the LC game? It was :censored:ing freezing. Think my dad had to chisel my brother and I off the main stand paddock wall at full time.

Can't say I remember it being cold that night, probably because I was in the toasty Chaddy and surrounded by lots of body warmth.

Referring to the LC game? It was :censored:ing freezing. Think my dad had to chisel my brother and I off the main stand paddock wall at full time.

You're a fanny too. The Scarborough game was a cold 'un. The Arsenal match was positively balmy in comparison. That Southampton replay was :censored:ing baltic too, IIRC.

Man up.

You're a fanny too. The Scarborough game was a cold 'un. The Arsenal match was positively balmy in comparison. That Southampton replay was :censored:ing baltic too, IIRC.

Man up.

Neither could have been as cold as when Hartlepool came to town on a Tuesday night in about March 2008. That was unbearable... and they beat us!