Oldham v Doncaster (FA Cup 2nd Round)

I don't mind the booing of ex-players or I at least prefer it to cheering a player that no longer wears our shirt. If it makes them feel a bit angry or crap then it takes their focus off the game, then good. Even if a Baxter was so perplexed as to why he was being called greedy, that he started falling over, then that's fine by me. All these ex-players are trying to do now is stop us winning promotion or getting through to the next round of the cup.

This. You're with us or you're against us.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think an appropriate moment of appreciation for Mr Dickov pre-kick off is in order.

He came. He tried. He failed. But he beat Liverpool as the door slammed into his arse on the way out.

Anything after the game starts is fair game, but a little respect beforehand wouldn't cost anything.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Anybody that remembers the euphoria of beating Liverpool and leaving the ground to scenes akin to Madrid with cars driving around with flags flying from their windows will surely leave Mr Dickov alone. He brought us a very treasured memory and made us the talk of the nation for a moment.

Anybody that remembers the euphoria of beating Liverpool and leaving the ground to scenes akin to Madrid with cars driving around with flags flying from their windows will surely leave Mr Dickov alone. He brought us a very treasured memory and made us the talk of the nation for a moment.

and his reaction when Smith scored against Everton.

Wonder if he'll celebrate like that on Saturday when Forte scores in the last minute?

What kind of reception can the host of ex 'Tics expect?

Didn't like the sporadic booing of Baxter at Sheff Utd, we should be better than that.

I didn't go to Sheff Utd but am disappointed to hear Baxter got booed.

A player that turned down a new deal in the Premiership to play regular football in League One, that then signed a longterm deal when it was clear to everyone he was capable of earning more money at a bigger club as a way of saying thank you to the club for giving his chance. And finally that earned us some reasonable cash when his left. The only issue we might have is that we were disappointed that he didn't go up a division, but the resources at Sheffield put them on a different level than us (a budget that could easily sustain Championship football).

As for the Doncaster game - no issue with any of them.

Dickov - liked the man and his passion. Didn't do enough and had to go, but no malice against a person that tried hard and gave us a few great memories.

Wabara - scored a great goal and played well in his time with us. Short term loanee but would probably give him a polite round of applause on the team announcement to reflect he played for us.

Wellens / Furman - decent players in their time with us, though neither I particularly warmed to. Can't really have an opinion other than indifference

I'm sticking to my policy of not booing any returning player as when we do they always seem to run it back in our faces.

I have upheld this tradition since the Ian Marshall hat-trick for Ipswich Town in 1991

Marshy didn't sign for Ipswich till the summer of 93. He played in the first game of that season, a 3-0 home defeat by the Tractor Boys, but only scored one, the opening goal. Steve Palmer and Paul Mason got the other two.

I have never booed anyone that has ever been connected to the club, although I didn't want Porter back and thought Penney was our worst ever manager.

My view of the Baxter booing is he brought it upon himself by continually throwing himself on the floor under any sort of pressure, and getting nothing from the ref I must add. Being right under our noses didn't help.

Paul Dickov is due our respect.

Dont understand all the love ins for ex players, do you think they really give two hoots about us, make it as uncomfortable as possible for them we are out to beat them, wont go out of my way to jeer them but equally I wont be looking to acknowledge them in a positive way. We have moved on and so have they.

No concessions for this game, e mailed the club and it seems anyone over 16 pays the full £20 where as for league games the latics student card gets you in for £12. It might not seem like a lot but would this put off some of those with the student card.

Think I probably won't be going anymore then.

What is the reasoning behind this..?

I have no idea why, I didn't get an explanation, perhaps if enough people e mail the club they might review it, but then again they dont seem very proactive regarding trying to get the supporters through the turnstiles. Seems like another own goal if you ask me.

With it being an FA Cup game all concessions have to be agreed with opposition club and more importantly the FA as they both share the revenue.

It is likely that the FA have not allowed the additional concession that the club feels is appropriate for League games where they have total control over the prices.

Dont understand all the love ins for ex players, do you think they really give two hoots about us, make it as uncomfortable as possible for them we are out to beat them, wont go out of my way to jeer them but equally I wont be looking to acknowledge them in a positive way. We have moved on and so have they.

A 5 second clap is hardly a love in.