Oldham v Doncaster (FA Cup 2nd Round)

We did at Rochdale...

Not really, Rochdale was more of a midfield scrap, we rarely got in behind them, and when we did have good attacks it was mainly due to Johnson and Philly having good games. Johnson can certainly play the Jabo role (albeit we can't ping balls into him at height) but he's likely to go back too.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he wanted out. It's not exactly a great captain's attribute.

While the club could have forced him to stay they chose to maximise the loan fee and promotion bonus.

While I'm not particularly fussed two years on it was a situation of Furman's making.

I know this is ridiculously after the Lord Mayor's show, but did he say he wanted out?

Or did he just suggest that once he'd joined a new club - which every single footballer that joins any club in any circumstance would have implied.

Furman's agent had been putting stuff out via Sky earlier in the season I vaguely remember. He was doing his job for his client of course. LJ needed to generate funds to freshen things up and knew about the number of forthcoming games Furman was set to miss.

Definitely an outcome made by LJ and Furman's agent in my view.

And it was one of the most important tactical decisions LJ has arguably made since joining the club. We got Korey Smith, somehow, and we stayed up.

As Furman has said himself on twitter in response to embarrassing abuse, it ended up working out well for both parties. No reason at all for the judas rubbish. Even if he did (understandably) push for a move to a soon-to-be Championship club, he evidently did so knowing it would free up funds for LJ to do some business to make changes to a team that was spiralling towards the drop.

Or, as captain of a struggling side, he could have put his own future to one side and played his bloody heart out to try and get the side up the table, rather than bitching and moaning and playing in a half-hearted fashion.

That's why he gets a boo from me.