Duncan Watmore

Looking very good for Sunderland u21s on Sky TV v Everton, one I recommended to the Latics when at Altrincham, no excuse now not to bring him here on loan in January, definitely a player who would suit LJs style of play.

• 2 weeks later...

you called it

When he was at Altrincham a long time ago.

I am still waiting to hear if the club followed up on that young left winger I recommended from non league earlier in the season, I notice he gets rave reviews every week, but hasn't so much as appeared in any trial games here as yet.

I seems hard to get a localish prospect in for a couple of weeks on trial to have a good look at him. yet easy to give a reserve team games to overseas players you no chance of signing.

Of course no club can make a move to sign this lad until January and like Watmore it will be interesting to see where if anywhere he goes.

I could be totally wrong and he might not be good enough, but what does it cost to give him a trial?

Edited by BP1960

Not that hot if he signs for us in Jan.

Still just potential....

Yes, a bit like Daniel Johnson, what's he doing here ?

This player is what we are crying out for, a fast direct runner with dribbling skills who frightens the life out of defenders, I just hope we don't convert him to a holding midfielder. :wink:

Edited by BP1960

Not much last 2 games....

Same at Chesterfierld....

Not working hard enough without the football?

Why what do you think he is doing?

Its only a couple of weeks ago everyone here thought Johnson was an amazing signing and hoped he'd be here until the end of the season.

No matter what happens in the short term, Johnson will go a lot higher.

Edited by BP1960

Yes, no chance of a permanent signing now, he's a hot prospect.

There was no chance of him signing back then anyway. Many knew of him (including some coaches at Latics) but there were a host of clubs also following him. During his non-league years, opponents didn't know what he going to do when he got the ball though some said he didn't know either.

Of course he will but I never said he was amazing.

Very very talented no doubt. Great touch and great brain but in our team the way we have plasyed for most of this season and last you must work without the ball. Watch his next appearance and tell me what you think.

Bid difference between a busy player working hard and actually closing down to looking busy and closing space.

No issue with the ball but as a danger man clubs close him out and we don't always have the ball.

Can't afford Luxury's in league 1...can we?

Edited by palmer1

Of course he will but I never said he was amazing.

Very very talented no doubt. Great touch and great brain but in our team the way we have plasyed for most of this season and last you must work without the ball. Watch his next appearance and tell me what you think.

Bid difference between a busy player working hard and actually closing down to looking busy and closing space.

No issue with the ball but as a danger man clubs close him out and we don't always have the ball.

Can't afford Luxury's in league 1...can we?

Depends how you play them, Bobby Johnstone was luxury player at lower level , maybe you have to let them be the hub of the team?

I would say though Watmore is more of a grafter who never lets up on running at defenders, in this aspect I think he would be just what we need.

Depends how you play them, Bobby Johnstone was luxury player at lower level , maybe you have to let them be the hub of the team?

I would say though Watmore is more of a grafter who never lets up on running at defenders, in this aspect I think he would be just what we need.

I'm afraid that using examples from 50 years ago suggest that he point is valid. I suppose our two last luxury players have been Harkins and Baxter and the manager didn't appear to know what to do with either of them.

I'm afraid that using examples from 50 years ago suggest that he point is valid. I suppose our two last luxury players have been Harkins and Baxter and the manager didn't appear to know what to do with either of them.

I think we agree in a roundabout way.