Latics Scarves

Coming up to Christmas it's crazy that you can't get a simple accessory such as a scarf or hat in club colours.

The SD deal is massive for the club but the whole club shop situation and lack of merchandise especially at this time of the year is absolutely ridiculous!

The merchandise on offer from Sports Direct is quite simply awful. Cheap, tacky, poorly made tat. It's cringeworthy to see our clubs crest and name put to such appalling quality merch. From the replica shirts to the quilted coats.

Make a simple bar scarf like was available a few years ago, and they'll sell like hot cakes....

The ones we had in the blue and tangerine season a few years back were decent.

............ Hardy wasn't to happy with me, I sold over 300!!

Cashmere football scarfs. I'm sure you can get them in Dulwich Hamlet colours.

You can and also a lovely woolen Pink / Blue one can be bought from Jack Wills

Edited by Markoasis

Whatever you do make sure you have nothing to do with OAFC, Oldham athletic or boundary park on it and 100% no badge!

Mike Ashley has bought all merchandising rights to the club, anyone breaching those copyrights will be :censored:ed!

Just make a coloured one and your good!!

I wouldn't want a solicitors letter of sports direct!!!

We don't mind you doing them with OASIS written on

if you do a simple traditional style bar scarf (the sort you used to see flying out of car windows every saturday afternoon in the 80s) thick blue stripe, narrow white, narrow tangerine, narrow white, repeat... then i'm in.

i know tangerine is divisive but in a bar scarf format it is definitely the most appropriate colour. it's the only 'ownable' combination that makes it oldham.

anything with words or badges, i'm out!

Over here in Oz - where you only need a scarf about 2 weeks a year, the rugby league supporters section of The Rabbitohs did this

https://www.facebook.com/theburrow38/posts/623709147656679

No club emblems, no SSFC or Rabbitohs. SImple. Stripes ran long wise - not across.

We got 2 - only complaint is it looks great on my Miss 8, lousy on the Mrs. as its too short.

Anyway my 2 pence worth.

What's the attraction to tangerine?

I loved the electric orange and blue kit back in the 60s and 70s but it's not been a 1st choice colour since then,

I think the attraction to tangerine / orange is that is is uniquely Oldham. No other team plays in that combination.

Blue and White is ten a penny.

I would personally get predominantly blue with white and tangerine to be the never change club colours and stick with it - but no chance sadly.