• Kelly
    • Johnson
    • Winchester
    • Forte
    • Philliskirk
    • Ibehre
    • Poleon
    • Morgan-Smith

I was torn between Kelly, Mills and Philli.......in that order but went for Kelly.....not his best game by any stretch of the imagination but simply because of his workrate.

Is that a serious post ? If so I must need glasses, only 2 players came out of the game with any credit for me Kenny and Mills. Kelly gave away possession at will and it was by far his worst performance for a couple of months, was surprised he wasnt replaced by Dieng after an hour if im honest.

I sit with my brother every game and we are completely devided on Kelly...he see's him as the ultimate unsung hero stopping the opposition forward momentum...i just see him as the best backward passer of a ball and our worst at passing forward....

Funny old game!

I sit with my brother every game and we are completely devided on Kelly...he see's him as the ultimate unsung hero stopping the opposition forward momentum...i just see him as the best backward passer of a ball and our worst at passing forward....

Funny old game!

Thats because you dont see the bigger picture! He isn't in the team to make goals or start attacks. Thats the 5 in front of him's job & the full backs. He is in to break down play, win 2nd balls, keep the possession & stop counter attacks, which IMO he is very very good at doing. Who cares if he wins the ball and plays it backwards & we keep possession

Thats because you dont see the bigger picture! He isn't in the team to make goals or start attacks. Thats the 5 in front of him's job & the full backs. He is in to break down play, win 2nd balls, keep the possession & stop counter attacks, which IMO he is very very good at doing. Who cares if he wins the ball and plays it backwards & we keep possession

Same with Jabo. "He doesn't score any goals, send him back".

Agree with this the problem we have is when he has an off day, as in last Saturday he tends to give the ball away which puts us under pressure he was also 2nd best im the tackle all afternoon, probably just a blip and Id expect him to be right up for it again on Saturday. Edited by athleticosOA95

Agree to an extent, but hes a striker, so should be expected to chip in with a few. Luckily for now the rest are doing just fine in bagging a few

We've scored 9 goals (I think) when he's been on the pitch - he's scored 1 of those and has 2 assists. Not too shabby.

AthleticosOA95.......you have an opinion but if you read my post, I said I gave it for his workrate as well as clearly stating that it wasn't his best performance. I call it as I see it and the all the players ahead of Kelly apart from Philli didn't work hard enough to find space for him to pass into which left him giving the ball away on too many occasions. It's no coincidence that Kelly's worst game for a couple of months was with the absence of Jones who, for me, are an excellent partnership.

Edited by mikejh45

AthleticosOA95.......you have an opinion but if you read my post, I said I gave it for his workrate as well as clearly stating that it wasn't his best performance. I call it as I see it and the all the players ahead of Kelly apart from Philli didn't work hard enough to find space for him to pass into which left him giving the ball away on too many occasions. It's no coincidence that Kelly's worst game for a couple of months was with the absence of Jones who, for me, are an excellent partnership.

Agree about missing Jones, the fact Wilson was missing as well cant have helped.