Squad post January transfer window.

Haven't read the Chron piece yet but, If I was playing Football Manager, to free up some funds (if that's what's needed) i'd be moving on Connor Brown, James Dayton & Dave Mellor. 6 month loaning out Bove and Turner. Moving on AMS either as a loan or as a take over his contract "free" transfer and - assuming we're paying a percentage of his wages, sending Tidser back.

I'd then be looking to extend Ibhere's loan and also D Johnson's loan too.

And fighting tooth & nail to keep all the rest

Well the long term aim of the FFP system is to do away with actually playing the game at league level.

Each year at the end of July they will issue tables based on the financial clowt of each club.

They can then dish the champions medals out the following week and go straight into the play off games by the end of August etc

This will then enable international matches to start in September for the qualifying stages of world cups or European championship etc.

through until April time . After this there will a major cup competition every year during the summer on a rotational basis ie - world cups finals / European championships / African cup of nations and i understand they have already organised another world tournament to fit into the fourth year.

Clubs with players not involved in these matches will be invited to join a friendly league and organise cup matches etc when they can wheel and deal before the financial status is re calculated in July.

IHopefully all this will be in place sooner rather than later so that hopefully Septic Bladder the FIFA despot can realise his dream of only playing international matches before taking his place on the left side of god !!!!!!!!

Prefer the pre-edited FFS version.

Haven't read the Chron piece yet but, If I was playing Football Manager, to free up some funds (if that's what's needed) i'd be moving on Connor Brown, James Dayton & Dave Mellor. 6 month loaning out Bove and Turner. Moving on AMS either as a loan or as a take over his contract "free" transfer and - assuming we're paying a percentage of his wages, sending Tidser back.

I'd then be looking to extend Ibhere's loan and also D Johnson's loan too.

And fighting tooth & nail to keep all the rest

I would keep AMS - he's just coming back from injury and he played quite a few games before his injury (all be it cameos late on).

Other than that, pretty much bang on. I would prefer to loan Mellor out with a recall clause because we don't have left back cover, especially if Connor Brown leaves.

I would keep AMS - he's just coming back from injury and he played quite a few games before his injury (all be it cameos late on).

Other than that, pretty much bang on. I would prefer to loan Mellor out with a recall clause because we don't have left back cover, especially if Connor Brown leaves.

Connor Brown at left back? With Elokobi and Truelove I think there's enough cover for Mills.

I think on Saturdays evidence, LJ will do everything to keep Wilson as he was badly missed by all accounts. I think Forte will go to a higher league 1 club, maybe Sheff U/PNE for a small fee & even though Winchester looks like a different player this year, does he look like a Championship player? We wont get much more than 100k for him, plus add ons. Other than that I think we will offer Lockwood a non playing deal & maybe look to offload Dayton to Dundee. We will keep Jabo, could see him taking a pay cut to be on the pitch challenging for promotion, rather than on the bench avoiding relegation. Lets hope our loan system is used well.

Keep the defensive spine & we will still be there or thereabouts, so long as we nick a few goals here & there.

If Winchester wants to make it at this level he should retire from international duty.

Same every season , looks promising early season , then gets called up and loses his place in the team ,struggles to get back in and can't get a decent run.

That's it now until next season !!!

I think SC and LJ's reaction to the cup games is more based on frustration in not being able to add to the squad plus finish the new stand.

I worry about the club's commercial side taking over in selling players to complete the later, rather than focusing on the staffing side for the new year. Judging by the distinct lack of action on the new stand in the last few month, I fear that the anticipation on progressing on the cup competitions held hopes of finances to complete the stand and now we may look to sell players to complete the building work.

I hope I am wrong though...

I have read this thread and the OEC article and I think that a few words from Simon make this more of a story than it is.

Simon speaks like a fan sometimes, with emotion, in a 'heart of your sleeve' kind of way - and I don't mind that, it makes him human and less full of the politics and spin that can seem to be the only way senior roles know how to speak. Take the words "devasting" and 'nightmare' out of the story and it is in fact a rather rational and sensible review of our season and where we stand.

Nobody can be surprised that based upon our current crowds that running a successful league one team is going to be difficult in a world of FPP. Over the last few years we have managed to supplement that incoome with cup runs, TV games and player sales - plus of course Playershare. From previous comments without the additional income we would need to have crowds of nearer 6,500 to compensate for 1st round exits etc.

It seems as though SC sets a budget based on no cup runs / player sales etc. but is willing to release additional funds to the manager if/when they become available and it appears as though there is a benefit from it i.e. needed to support a relegation battle / enable a promotion push. The fact that he doesn't hold back funds when we have them is fantastic.

He, like us, sees the potential that this current team and manager have, and that this season could be special. I think the devastation he feels is that we have lost two sources of additional income that could have been used to supplement the team further - and even worse, our rivals still have that opportunity.

The way I read the article, is is additional funds that SC is worried about, not maintaining the current squad (though I suppose some of the short-term loans might be at risk). I would imagine that SC/LJ will look at the squad if we get offers for current players - can we do without player x and use the cash to strengthen other areas. We have talked about havng depth more than any other time in years, therefore we could lose one first teamer - the deputy steps in and does well and the cash is used to secure a vital player or two to keep us moving.

Winchester did a great job and looked a strong part of the team priort to LJ arrival. I would be happy to see him back as a regular if we lost DJ. I think that is a more likely outcome than a team paying money for a player not catching the 1st team of a 6th placed League One side.

It continues to frustrate me that so many of you still don't get it. Financial Fair Play sets our spending on players at 65% of income. There will be a set of rules that define what these mean and how transfer fees are dealt with. Of course it is for SC to set the budget but he can not set it higher than the FFP limit. Each season clubs have to make returns, both estimates in advance and actual figures during the season. If at any stage the club goes over the limit penalties are imposed. Crucially at the start of the season you can't include income for cup runs beyond the first round.

Assuming that LJ is given the maximum amount under FFP for his squad there is now no bonanza to come from the FA Cup or JPT. I suspect we could lose all our loan players unless they are here for virtually nothing - possible for Johnson but unlikely for Jabo.

I have called the cup exits a disaster not only because they say something about the mental strength and depth of our squad but also because I now suspect we will have to sell at least one or possibly two players just to keep the rest of the squad. It won't be the clubs choice it will be who is wanted and who we can get the most for - we risk losing any one or two of Wilson, Mills, Dieng, Philly, Kelly or Jones. Can't see us getting serious money for anybody else or raising enough from loans and player releases.

LJ can still get us to the promised land of sixth place but it is going to be much harder as evidenced by what he has said and his anger with Paddy Kenny (to mention another player we will now struggle to keep) after the Donny goal.

I'll buy a hat and eat it if we sell Forte in January. He's had a relatively mediocre career until us, he has dodgy knees, and his career stats suggest that this is roughly his level. Our big saleable assets are Wilson (assuming his contract clause has/is kicking in), and Kelly. But Kelly has 2.5 years to go on his contract, we have the upper hand.

Trim the deadwood, as suggested above. Dayton will probably be on a lot relative to what he offers, Tidser will probably go back, maybe try and get a fee for Winch before his contract expires.

Forte will stay. Imagine Sheff Utd will be sniffing around him though, and wouldn't be surprised if he was tempted.

Winchester will stay. (How anybody would consider getting rid is beyond me)

Elokobi will stay.

Jabo extended to end of season.

D Johnson will go to a club higher in the pyramid.

J Wilson will leave for a decent fee.

Kenny will be released by Bolton, meaning we can't afford his wages so Rachubka will be back to number 1.

Tidser can go back.

Youngs can go back.

I'd get rid of Dayton and AMS, too. Would get rid of Poleon too but we'd never get a fee for him so might as well keep him and see how he turns out.

With a squad turnover like that in January you can say goodbye to playoffs.

I have read this thread and the OEC article and I think that a few words from Simon make this more of a story than it is.

Simon speaks like a fan sometimes, with emotion, in a 'heart of your sleeve' kind of way - and I don't mind that, it makes him human and less full of the politics and spin that can seem to be the only way senior roles know how to speak. Take the words "devasting" and 'nightmare' out of the story and it is in fact a rather rational and sensible review of our season and where we stand.

Nobody can be surprised that based upon our current crowds that running a successful league one team is going to be difficult in a world of FPP. Over the last few years we have managed to supplement that incoome with cup runs, TV games and player sales - plus of course Playershare. From previous comments without the additional income we would need to have crowds of nearer 6,500 to compensate for 1st round exits etc.

It seems as though SC sets a budget based on no cup runs / player sales etc. but is willing to release additional funds to the manager if/when they become available and it appears as though there is a benefit from it i.e. needed to support a relegation battle / enable a promotion push. The fact that he doesn't hold back funds when we have them is fantastic.

He, like us, sees the potential that this current team and manager have, and that this season could be special. I think the devastation he feels is that we have lost two sources of additional income that could have been used to supplement the team further - and even worse, our rivals still have that opportunity.

The way I read the article, is is additional funds that SC is worried about, not maintaining the current squad (though I suppose some of the short-term loans might be at risk). I would imagine that SC/LJ will look at the squad if we get offers for current players - can we do without player x and use the cash to strengthen other areas. We have talked about havng depth more than any other time in years, therefore we could lose one first teamer - the deputy steps in and does well and the cash is used to secure a vital player or two to keep us moving.

Winchester did a great job and looked a strong part of the team priort to LJ arrival. I would be happy to see him back as a regular if we lost DJ. I think that is a more likely outcome than a team paying money for a player not catching the 1st team of a 6th placed League One side.

This.

I like MAtt chambers, and we get a good deal overall.

I think its difficult for SC to not use words to convery disappointment, or he would be acused of not being passionate.

But the text of the article is balanced

I am sure a Sub Editor has been judicious with Matts words and come up with a sensational head line.

So its a bit of perspective plea from me,

But it will hurt is from the floating fan poit of view.

I will be amazed if we could get a fee for Winchester as a few on here have stated. We got Jones on a free so is Winchester a better player that he commands a fee. LJ doesn't rate him any more than a utility "square peg in a round hole" player.

Whilst I agree - depends on the contracts. You get players on a free when there is little left on the contract, and pay a bit if there are 2 years plus.

Not sure what the contract was with Jones / is with Winnie.

Whilst I agree - depends on the contracts. You get players on a free when there is little left on the contract, and pay a bit if there are 2 years plus.

Not sure what the contract was with Jones / is with Winnie.

Fairly sure Jones was out of contract when we signed him. Winchester will be out of contract at the end of the season so any fee will be modest.

Don't see why people think we will get an offer - never mind a fee, for a player who doesn't even start for us.

Didn't we get money for Tom Eaves?

But I know what you mean - Winnie is past the take a punt on a unproven youngster and not done enough so far to be a fee target. He might be if he can get back in the team and continue to develop, but sat on the bench at the moment he is going nowhere for money.

Didn't we get money for Tom Eaves?

But I know what you mean - Winnie is past the take a punt on a unproven youngster and not done enough so far to be a fee target. He might be if he can get back in the team and continue to develop, but sat on the bench at the moment he is going nowhere for money.

We did. More on the basis that he was a youngster, with potential. That and the fact he scored a hat-trick against them!

Winchester can no longer be classed as a kid with potential. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Winchester fan.