Do the club listen ?

Under 16s free entry... Fill the place every week with kids...

We will make money on selling them food and merchandise. In years to come a percentage will keep watching us and buy full adult season tickets.

Its about the only thing we could do to make a realistic long term difference.

The cause and effect of £10 season tickets and anti-social behaviour in the ground shouldn't be overlooked.

But those virtually free season tickets still exist for U12s. Taking it a step forward and extending it to matchday for £1 has merit though.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under 16s free entry... Fill the place every week with kids...

We will make money on selling them food and merchandise. In years to come a percentage will keep watching us and buy full adult season tickets.

Its about the only thing we could do to make a realistic long term difference.

:censored:in :censored:e idea. Ever watched a womens international or a u21 game? Atmosphere is annoying, high pitched cheering etc actually puts me off watching.

Luckily it wont happen because they cant be trusted to behave :)

The cause and effect of £10 season tickets and anti-social behaviour in the ground shouldn't be overlooked.

But those virtually free season tickets still exist for U12s. Taking it a step forward and extending it to matchday for £1 has merit though.

Agree, the anti-social thing shouldn't be overlooked, can't see the benefits to having a load of screaming kids running around the place.

The current ownership aren't bothered about attendances, that's why they are charging the prices they charge - as you say they are near enough giving them away to under 12s anyway.

Agree, the anti-social thing shouldn't be overlooked, can't see the benefits to having a load of screaming kids running around the place.

The current ownership aren't bothered about attendances, that's why they are charging the prices they charge - as you say they are near enough giving them away to under 12s anyway.

Anti social ? Im sorry but there are more than enough stewards to keep on top of it and I and many others would never have ended up at BP if we had to bring along a parent, I started watching aged 11 or 12 with a group of mates, many of which still attend games today, its fine people not wanting it to sound like an England womens game its not cool is it but without the next generation we will struggle further, there is an area in the Chaddy where standing is tolerated get them involved and they might even enjoy it.

Anti social ? Im sorry but there are more than enough stewards to keep on top of it and I and many others would never have ended up at BP if we had to bring along a parent, I started watching aged 11 or 12 with a group of mates, many of which still attend games today, its fine people not wanting it to sound like an England womens game its not cool is it but without the next generation we will struggle further, there is an area in the Chaddy where standing is tolerated get them involved and they might even enjoy it.

Agree. Maybe charge £2, but if they start letting em in for free I will be sticking to away games.

Good point above you about the club not actually being arsed, as reflected by the high admission fee.

Make the Chaddy the kids stand. They're not near the away fans, so anti-social behaviour is less of an issue. Plus the moaning old gits will get fed up and eventually move to the RRE or the main stand, paving the way for us giving the chaddy to the away fans (and us having the whole RRE) when we get promoted.

:censored:in :censored:e idea. Ever watched a womens international or a u21 game? Atmosphere is annoying, high pitched cheering etc actually puts me off watching.

Luckily it wont happen because they cant be trusted to behave :)

Yeah you are right... Its a :censored: idea...

Lets stick with the currently formula of you and three of your mates sitting alone with thousands of empty seats around you pissing and moaning about how :censored: the word is and what a knob head Warnock was... Throw in a meat and potato pie and an intellectual conversation about how that nice bloke Nigel is going to stand up to those immigrants and you have a cracking plan for the expansion of not only OAFC but the good ship Great Britain....

Terrible joking aside...

The future is the kids. You either embrace that or you continue the slow decline the club is facing. Or you can just put your finger in your ears and see the new stand as a statement of intent for the future success of the club instead of the towering symbol of its decline that it is (think Oldham Arena := one :censored: stand)....

Edited by oafc0000

Make the Chaddy the kids stand. They're not near the away fans, so anti-social behaviour is less of an issue. Plus the moaning old gits will get fed up and eventually move to the RRE or the main stand, paving the way for us giving the chaddy to the away fans (and us having the whole RRE) when we get promoted.

Its the least I would do...

You have new stand opening and a reasonable run going on in the league. Now should be the point of converting some level of success into more future bums on seats. Give away five thousand free kid tickets every weekend. Lose nothing, gain everything, let the moaners moan because they will be doing that anyway.... Moaners is about the only constant element at the club since I have supported it.

Edited by oafc0000

We have this discussion many times on this forum. The thing is that if I went to Latics for the Football I'd have probably given up a long time ago. The whole idea of going to the match and supporting a team to me should be much more of a social thing than about how good the standard of Football is. But in this respect what does the club have to offer? I was in the Frizzel bar last night it was cold, it was damp, there was nowhere to sit and in my opinion the beer was crap. Compare that to Glossop North End and a lot of other non-league grounds you have a nice warm club house with comfy seats which serves quality local ale. A lot of people may scoff at the idea of Non-League Football but the crowds at that level are on the up as a lot of people are becoming more disillusioned with the professional game. A couple of which I know personally who used to be season ticket holders. We can't compete with Utd and City in terms of Footballing ability but one thing we could do better than them is offer a personal touch.

The bar(s) in the new stand need to serve something different & decent - food AND drink - that will make the hour or two before and after the game part of the "matchday experience" (sorry) where people will come for a decent pint (real/craft ale for those who like that, quality lager for others), something half decent to eat and somewhere comfortable to stand/sit to watch the two live TV games.

I'll bet my left bollock it'll be Carling, John Smith's, scabby hotdog's & concrete though.

The bar(s) in the new stand need to serve something different & decent - food AND drink - that will make the hour or two before and after the game part of the "matchday experience" (sorry) where people will come for a decent pint (real/craft ale for those who like that, quality lager for others), something half decent to eat and somewhere comfortable to stand/sit to watch the two live TV games.

I'll bet my left bollock it'll be Carling, John Smith's, scabby hotdog's & concrete though.

Do you think they let me in with my flask and jam butties in the new stand or will they confiscated, that is the question? :coffee1:

I bring my grandson over from Leeds to watch Latics, some of you might have seen him in the chaddy end wearing his Leeds kit and Jacket. He is only 9 years old but loves coming to Boundary park because of the interactive contact he gets with the players. He goes to watch Leeds with his Dad but they don't get as interactive with the kids at Hell and Road. What this does is gets the kids involved, he knows what boots every player wears and where they have played. I know when the players are kicking in they try to concentrate on the game and its not possible for all the players to come to the kids every game, but this is just one thing that makes the kids want to be at BP rather than other so called big clubs. And as we have said these kids are the future supporters so the club really should try to keep up the interactivity with the kids. By the way Wendy does a great job with the junior blues.

Not having a go at you 0000 and I come in peace ...but , and this is a genuine question, would free admission for kids do anything to encourage you to watch Latics again?

I simply couldn't at the moment. Family situation would not allow. I work all week and want to spend time with my very young family at weekends. Too young to bring to the games / doubt they would want to go. My eldest is just getting old enough to consider bringing and she isn't remotest bit interested in Football. Total opposite... :(

Would a full stadium, a team doing well and a FOUR sided stadium be an improvement on when I stopped watch. Hell yes!

Edited by oafc0000

Over that 30 year period how many thousands have you and them put into the club?

Is the fact that, that promotional offer not seen as a success because our crowds didn't jump to 25000 or the fact that you and your friends still go after all these years on the back of that is that a sign as success?

I don't want to even think about it!

But seriously I'd say that as a result of that day there have been 2xST for 25 years (a junior + adult for about 5 years; 2 adults for 15 years; an adult and a concesision for the last 5); plus countless cup games; programmes; shirts; other memorabillia. Partners / friends / family have been dragged along for parts of the journey as well.

I'd also say that there are a group of us that sit together - me and my Dad plus some freinds. I think that during some of the really bad times the 'group' mentality has kept us all there - so there is a knock on effect too.

I used to live in Huddersfield where there was a deal on for kids. Cannot be absolutley sure on the specifics but it was something along the lines of on a childs 11th birthday you could claim a family ticket for a game plus a childs replica shirt.

I think you had the choice of rugby or football.

You used to see a lot more Hudderfield Town shirts being worn around the area, and far less of the generic large PL clubs.

A lot has been posted on here in recent weeks mainly from fans who genuinely want to see crowds improve at our home games, can anybody tell me what the club are doing about this or are they just happy for things to stagnate and rely on the 3000 and falling hardcore ? It seems to me the only effort the club want to put in is to harp on in the local press how they feel pissed off by the lack of interest in the support the team gets and the money they take in well can I ask a question, whats being done about it and the answers nothing, didnt the trust put something to the club with regards the Yeovil game ? Why was our game the most expensive FA Cup tie at the weekend, other teams charging as little as £10 for similar standing fixtures, its okay Corney harping on about how he and the directors feel disappointed what about the loyal fans who keep paying to watch the team home and away, not one mention of them in Corneys interview, theres only so much we can do to try and persuade lapsed fans to return and get back in the habit of attending whats the club doing ? If it means charging a fiver for one game and taking ahot so be it but one things for sure it isnt just gonna happen cos we dont lose as many as we used too, we have seen all these new appointments recemtly within the club what is anybody actively doing to improve things ?

Drop a note to Mark Moisley:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/89438/moisleys-remit-to-lift-fortunes-off-the-pitch

Edited by TheBigDog