Oldham 0 Yeovil 4

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not been able to attend today, but the primary culprit for today has to be LJ

Listened on LP and whilst we made awful errors, i don't blame the players.

It all starts by LJ playing subbuteo again and trying to be the clever one and 'out fox' his dad

No need for it

Players like to play in systems they understand. OK Kelly and Forte are big misses, but we have a SQUAD and they should be able to step up.

Tidser for Kelly and Poleon/Dayton for Forte, keep the team in the same shape, but simply personnel changes needed.

Instead he goes and messes about with it and all the players are then uncertain, out of sync and once one makes an error, it compounds the rest of the team.

Big wake up call for LJ

I hope he has had the guts to apologise to the players in the dressing room and the fans - HE got it wrong today and the performance was a result of that.

The only issue is changing from 442 to 352. That's the reason. Stupid tinkering when it was unnecessary.Johnson at fault.

Other than that, please lets not start a "Johnson is a :censored:" chant.

Roll on MK Dons - more chance or beating a better team.

Like has been sai too many changes to system and personnel today and a 4-0 spanking prove it...keep it simple at our level.

That wasn't worth freezing my nuts off for and wasting £20 of valuable Xmas monies!! Bet we don't hear from Barry after that...and that's a prime example of why fans aren't flocking after a good start to the season. 1 shocking result like that undoes the hard work of half a season...sad but true!

My worry is the negativity will start to spiral out of control from the 2 cup exits and this result and the team won't have the mentality to get over it...

My worry is the negativity will start to spiral out of control from the 2 cup exits and this result and the team won't have the mentality to get over it...

Not just the team but the manager and the owner (especially) need to keep things positive.

Formation didn't work but wasn't any better when we reverted to type. So many more problems than just the formation changes today

The damage was already done before the formation change.

Johnson has to take a lot of the blame for messing around with formation. However, some experienced players out there should be ashamed of themselves. Still 8th, though, so things could be worse...

Same points as sixth. I don't blame Johnson. The players were pathetic from start to finish - even after we reverted to normal. We were no better second half.

Elokobi was poor, some of his clearances today wouldn't have been out of place in a Sunday league (apologies to cultured Sunday players) he looks out of shape and way off full fitness.

He wasn't the worst out there either.

Edited by BP1960

It might be the colossal boot up the rectum we've been needing. Got away with it a few times but we were well and truly second best today. I left after 70 mins after an all-over-the-shop Elokobi let in Eaves only for him to miss a sitter. It was cold, wet and a reminder of all this :censored: home matches we've endured in the last five years.

On the other hand we may just sink like a stone now with Kelly and Forte missing.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Elokobi was poor, some of his clearances today wouldn't have been out of place in a Sunday league (apologies to cultured Sunday players) he looks out of shape and way off full fitness.

He wasn't the worst out there either.

He took three or four games to get in the groove early on in the season. Some players need it.

I'm still really struggling to find a positive performance in the whole team. Philliskirk's fall in the box when he could have got a shot away summed it up well. Johnson's lack of a right foot exposed and Ibhere also failed clean through. Poor throughout.

Still, time to fix it. We might be the next Brentford ...

Edited by opinions4u

Atrocious performance, Worst I have seen in god knows how long. Why LJ seems to have a hard on for 3-5-2- I don't know, we've tried it several times this season and it doesn't work. The players don't have a clue when we try it.

When did he revert to type? Was it 2-0 or 3-0? Either one of them it was too late, 3 times before they scored their second with the diagonal pass into the penalty area they played the same ball and it ALMOST came off, the coaches are supposed to see that. And if they did and the players didn't listen then fair enough but I saw no signs of this. Eventually the 4th one did and their player had a simple finish.

The organisation was a joke. We didn't have a clue, 5/6 defenders in our team and we concede 4. Says it all.

Today showed just how much Kelly is missed, yes the formation was wrong from the off but it's actually scary how much we crumble when he isn't on the pitch, breaking up play, seeking the ball relentlessly, ticking us over.

None of this "we let them win" bollocks either - the players won't give two :censored:s Gary is LJ's dad and isn't far from the sack.

Today was not good enough, infact it was worst than that. Next week could either by a "typical oldham" or an absolute hammering if we play like that.

That was truly dreadful, the manager hopefully has learned that 3 centre backs just does not work. We have played our best football with the diamond midfield all it needed was Tidser for Kelly and we would have been ok. Big George does not deserve a starting spot it should be Wilson and Dieng centre halfs. If we are going to start performing like that a Lockwood start might be what we need.

I would have expected us to come out 2nd half all guns blazing, anything but. The players should be ashamed of themselves, and LJ needs to learn quickly before we go in freefall.

He took three or four games to get in the groove early on in the season. Some players need it.

I'm still really struggling to find a positive performance in the whole team. Philliskirk's fall in the box when he could have got a shot away summed it up well. Johnson's lack of a right foot exposed and Ibhere also failed clean through. Poor throughout.

Still, time to fix it. We might be the next Brentford ...

This shows the folly of disbanding the reserves, Elokobi was thrown into the first team when clearly not ready, if we had a reserve team he could have had 3 or 4 games there to regain his sharpness.

Awful awful performance. No comes out of that game with any credit.

Kenny let one in from 20 yards - conceded a crap OG last week but i bet no one says a word.

Why play 3-5-2 we haven't played it all season???? Stupid although not helped by two stupid bits of play from Kusuga. When is LJ going to tell the defence to F***** clear the ball when under pressure we don't need to play football on the edge of the 18 yard box.

Back 4-5 awful. James WIlson and Elekobi were all over the show. You could have driven a bus through space between them. Wilson was just strolling about but it was failry obvious he wasnt sure where to mark

Brian Wilson is not a wing back good solid footballer but doesn't have the pace for it

Kusunga i like him but always liable for a mistake. Yeovil got 2 hand wrapped xmas presents today

Dieng started well but after that drifted out of the game and left Yeovil with a free run at the defence

Jones normally a steady eddy but nothing came off for him how many times did he run into a player chip it straight at them then try and claim hand ball. His set pieces were well below standard as well.

Philli and Johnson started brightly but both soon faded and Philliskirks dive in the box was a joke get a shot off ffs

Jabo fought for the ball but Yeovil had two massive center backs and but for the odd flick he got very little joy out of them.

Simply not good enough to day. The marking from the set piece was a joke. THey had an advantage in height fine they get the header in but why the hell is no then moving to close him down so he cant just knock the ball in

blazing that i have paid good money to watch that crap today - Corny wonders why people don't return to the club - after watching that i wish i hadn't bothered. 4-0 at home to a team who were as technically poor as yeovil - joke

rant over