Oldham 0 Yeovil 4

I think he needs to just admit he got it wrong. Is this a vanity / ego thing or does he really think the average Oldham fan is thick?

Ha ha! Read this message board, some posts suggest just that....

Edited by palmer1

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modern football is no different psychologically than it ever was,

Couldn't disagree more. The presence of cameras at every game, more press interest, salaries that breed jealousy, fitness levels and even social media bring pressures which simply weren't there back in the day. Sunday league played on muddy pitches by fat blokes with hangovers may be much the same as it ever was but professional football (and all professional sport) is way different in this era.

For good or bad? Well that's for individuals to decide but it just isn't the same game now as it was then.

Couldn't disagree more. The presence of cameras at every game, more press interest, salaries that breed jealousy, fitness levels and even social media bring pressures which simply weren't there back in the day. Sunday league played on muddy pitches by fat blokes with hangovers may be much the same as it ever was but professional football (and all professional sport) is way different in this era.

For good or bad? Well that's for individuals to decide but it just isn't the same game now as it was then.

Forget it mate, he's a lost cause.

I've already said the same thing Dave and he couldn't agree........ah well.

Couldn't disagree more. The presence of cameras at every game, more press interest, salaries that breed jealousy, fitness levels and even social media bring pressures which simply weren't there back in the day.

Their predecessors largely had the same money worries as the rest of us, most of todays players don't, that's got to offset a lot of the other stuff.

Fitness must help alleviate a lot of pressure too - it does for the average non-footballing man/woman suffering stress.

Everton looking at James McCarthy diet to see if too much carbs/protein is causing injury.

World. Gone. Mad.

We need rudemedic to verify this one.

Personally, I'd take him out for a fish and chip dinner and a pint of Guinness.?

Edited by BP1960

Everton looking at James McCarthy diet to see if too much carbs/protein is causing injury.

World. Gone. Mad.

How is it world gone mad? They paid £16 million, plus (at a guess) £30 - 40k a week for an asset, why would you not do everything you can to make sure the asset operates as well as it possibly can?

How is it world gone mad? They paid £16 million, plus (at a guess) £30 - 40k a week for an asset, why would you not do everything you can to make sure the asset operates as well as it possibly can?

If eating too much chicken is the reason being given as the reason someone is missing a few games then let me jump off this world, I'm doing it wrong.

If eating too much chicken is the reason being given as the reason someone is missing a few games then let me jump off this world, I'm doing it wrong.

Too many carbs/protein sounds like a Maccy D heavy diet.

If you can pick the chicken out of a McNugget, you're a better man than me.

Their predecessors largely had the same money worries as the rest of us, most of todays players don't, .....<SNIP>

You may well be overestimating the proportion of footballers in the top two tiers of the game there, for whom I think you may well be correct for. However, below that (League One and below), I suspect that money troubles are nearly as rife as in a lot of other occupations, especially bearing in mind the limited time scale of a footballing career, and also their general reputation as being not the sharpest knives in the drawer, so to speak.