I know Johnson is an extremely good player at league one level , BUT -

has he upset the balance of the side !!!!

Since he arrived we have won one game , a scrappy albeit great win at Rochdale and he scored 2 goals.

However , since he arrived i feel he has upset the balance of the side and we appear to have stopped playing our short , crisp passing game that was pleasing to watch.

It may just be coincidence that things have changed since he came and whilst i am no way saying it his fault i can't help but feel that maybe it could be ?

I remember many years ago that City were on their way to a league title when they brought a great player in - Rodney Marsh and look what happened .

I don't really mind te odd thrashing to be honest. Really rate LJ. The fact that we have to run our club using our gate receipts etc and he's put us in top 6 is a miracle. If he wants and thinks changin. style and tactics is the needed then fair enough but it might (and has) fail v badly. As long as we don't go down and aren't brought into a relegation battle then I'm happy and believe that is realistic!

Rant over!!

Can Philliskirk and Johnson both play in the same team ? Philliskirk played a more advanced role at Rochdale but they are much the same for me playing in behind Ibhere, we carried Philly for a number of games when he went off the boil dont think we can carry both Philly and Johnson, its would be either or for me playing as the number 10, to be fair to Johnson he was the only player we had yesterday who looked like he had a goal in him.

Can Philliskirk and Johnson both play in the same team ? Philliskirk played a more advanced role at Rochdale but they are much the same for me playing in behind Ibhere, we carried Philly for a number of games when he went off the boil dont think we can carry both Philly and Johnson, its would be either or for me playing as the number 10, to be fair to Johnson he was the only player we had yesterday who looked like he had a goal in him.

Strange move to convert Philliskirk (your top scorer in the team) to a holding midfielder in the second half yesterday, the lad must be totally baffled as to what his regular position is.

Yet Ibhre played a major roll in our excellent performance at Sheff.U?

As did Johnson.

Seems since then only half the side have been playing to their full potential, struck lucky at Spotland,only played half agame v Preson, then an ex manager and a Managers dad have done a job on us last 2 games.

Agree but with Ibhere back in since the Rochdale game teams have been getting at us, it has to be 2 from the 3 for me.

Ibhre has been poor in all the home games I've seen, for a big man known for his aggression to be totally dominated yesterday in the air and on the ground just wasn't good enough IMO.

Agree but with Ibhere back in since the Rochdale game teams have been getting at us, it has to be 2 from the 3 for me.

Because we are not closing down working hard enough up top? Its all well and good closing down space and looking busy but you have to force the oppo defence to play

Edited by palmer1

Don't think it's just to do with Daniel Johnson, I think we've possibly made slightly too many changes in a short period of time.

Can't say I'm a massive fan of it and I think that replacing Rachubka with Kenny is the change that was one too many, but considering that January is just around the corner and there could easily be a number of changes in and out, it's only really a short term gamble and I can see LJ's logic in trying to add as much quality as possible.

Because we are not closing down working hard enough up top? Its all well and good closing down space and looking busy but you have to force the oppo defence to play

Exactly why Watmore would fit in palmer1, defenders don't like backing off and being run at.

Edited by BP1960

He had a shocker of a loan move and was awful by all accounts last season up in Scotland BP....maybe hold off on the savour talk?

In fairness he struggled with injuries while there, but to quote the manager "The only highlight for us was Duncan Watmore's performance," Butcher told BBC Scotland.

I saw him play a couple of weeks ago and he was a constant thorn in the oppositions side, this team needs more directness and he will supply it. His work rate is phenomenal and going in where it hurts is maybe the reason he's picked up these injuries.

Edited by BP1960

In fairness he struggled with injuries while there, but to quote the manager "The only highlight for us was Duncan Watmore's performance," Butcher told BBC Scotland.

I saw him play a couple of weeks ago and he was a constant thorn in the oppositions side, this team needs more directness and he will supply it. His work rate is phenomenal and going in where it hurts maybe the reason he's picked up these injuries.

Watched a couple of Hibs games on Sky and BT Sport, and as best as I could with my fully amateur scout hat on, watched him as closely as the TV angles would allow. As he'd been brought up on here, it interested me to see what he was like.

Wastefull in possession, easily disposessed, lackluster passing, poor crosses failing to beat the 1st man and - he didnt look particularlly quick either.

Here's hoping, as you say, that he was injured when i watching him; though the games were a decent amount of time apart.

All this is conjecture though, we might not even be in for him...

Yet Ibhre played a major roll in our excellent performance at Sheff.U?

As did Johnson.

Seems since then only half the side have been playing to their full potential, struck lucky at Spotland,only played half agame v Preson, then an ex manager and a Managers dad have done a job on us last 2 games.

I think Iberhe is effective away from home I dont dispute that he holds the ball up and takes the pressure off us but do we really want to set up at home to soak up pressure and get teams on the counter attack ? The systems worked well away from home against top 10 teams because they generally try to win a game as soon as a team packs the midfield and presses us at home we look in trouble, by being in the top 6 teams are having a look at us more now and I think they have sussed us out.

I think Iberhe is effective away from home I dont dispute that he holds the ball up and takes the pressure off us but do we really want to set up at home to soak up pressure and get teams on the counter attack ? The systems worked well away from home against top 10 teams because they generally try to win a game as soon as a team packs the midfield and presses us at home we look in trouble, by being in the top 6 teams are having a look at us more now and I think they have sussed us out.

Hopefully we will have MK Dons sussed out?...home games are the problem where we seem to be outfoxed.