Your team v MK Dons

Do we all agree that the midfield diamond is therefore our best formation.

Aslong as we do that and do not try anything else daft like Elokobi at number 10 or philiskirk at centre back then their is no reason why we can't get a result.

I see your team has scored 100 goals already, you must have a spare striker who can help the Latics out.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuinely wouldn't change it around too much. It was obviously an off-day, but this team seems like one that would want to put a result like Saturday's right. Although I'd say Kusunga and Elokobi did enough to be dropped, both were awful.

Kenny

B. Wilson

J. Wilson

Dieng

Mills

Tidser

Johnson

Jones

Philliskirk

Forte

Ibhere

I see your team has scored 100 goals already, you must have a spare striker who can help the Latics out.

As in GNE? I believe they are doing well this season although I wouldn't know anything about any of their players and haven't been to a game I don't know if David Collinge still visits this site he might know.

Rachubka

Wilson

Wilson

Elokobi

Mills

Tidser

Winchester

Jones

Johnson

Forte

Ibehre

Maybe add Dieng in there and shuffle a couple of players around, but I'd definitely play 4-1-4-1. Get organised and make the team hard to beat again to get the confidence back at MK, then play a more expansive and attacking style against Crewe.

Within the various different teams and formations mentioned, how anybody can have a place for Elokobi after the last 2 weeks is beyond me.

Against a pacy forward line I can see him getting seriously stretched - and he has been abject in all areas both with and without the ball in the last 2 weeks.

We need pace right across the team, but a backline of Kusunga/B.Wilson - J.Wilson - Dieng - Mills is an absolute must for me.

We certainly need more from both fullbacks than we have had in the past couple of weeks, and despite his performance on Saturday, Kusunga would get the nod for his strength and power.

I would have connor brown back for brian Wilson, before anyone says it I know its not an option until his loan ends

Saw young Connor on Saturday playing for Carlisle, he's still OK defensively but is very low on confidence going forward and with the ball at his feet. I think he was unfortunate to lose his place after the way he finished last season, but I feel that League 2 is his level at present and we've got better options.

Kenny

Mills

Wilson

Kasunga

Wilson

Dieng

Tidser

Jones

Philiskirk

Johnson

Jabo

Johnson has a free role which will suit him as he blatantly can't be arsed tackling anyway. That team looks a lot weaker without Kelly . forte to come off the bench or start in front of jabo if fit.

Bluddy hell, there's some odd formations and choices here.......some want Dieng as holding midfielder when his run of appearances have been as a more than adequate centre half and poor in midfield......somebody wanted to drop both Wilson or Kusunga from right back just to accommodate Winchester when a couple of previous managers didn't fancy him there.

I agree with a couple of posts about Elokobi being well out of condition.

A couple of posters have expressed the team that I would pick but not necessarily the formation but some alluded to one of the problem areas i.e. Forte....up front or left wing? As for the diamond formation.......it's not worked for me.

Kenny

Wilson, Dieng, Wilson, Mills

Johnson, Jones, Tidser, Forte

Ibehre, Philliskirk

There you have it, back to a 4-4-2 formation.

Tidser to play the holding role and leave Jones to run forward.

Forte back to the position he's scored most goals from.

Philliskirk to play off Ibehre or slightly behind as he prefers to run at people and draw the foul.

Bluddy hell, there's some odd formations and choices here.......some want Dieng as holding midfielder when his run of appearances have been as a more than adequate centre half and poor in midfield......somebody wanted to drop both Wilson or Kusunga from right back just to accommodate Winchester when a couple of previous managers didn't fancy him there.

I agree with a couple of posts about Elokobi being well out of condition.

A couple of posters have expressed the team that I would pick but not necessarily the formation but some alluded to one of the problem areas i.e. Forte....up front or left wing? As for the diamond formation.......it's not worked for me.

Kenny

Wilson, Dieng, Wilson, Mills

Johnson, Jones, Tidser, Forte

Ibehre, Philliskirk

There you have it, back to a 4-4-2 formation.

Tidser to play the holding role and leave Jones to run forward.

Forte back to the position he's scored most goals from.

Philliskirk to play off Ibehre or slightly behind as he prefers to run at people and draw the foul.

Could be near enough, but maybe Kusunga a right back for B Wilson (apart from last Saturday Kusunga has been fine).

Edited by BP1960

Seriously though, I dont think we have seen the last of this system, once managers get something into their head they do their utmost to get it to succeed.

LJ must see something in it.

Maybe the only reason he used it was to fit in his 3 centre backs?

Maybe the only reason he used it was to fit in his 3 centre backs?

That was my view, however he has mentioned it in the past and used it occasionally when we were chasing games.

Personally i'd put it at the back of the drawer for a bit after the weekend's fiasco.

Rachubka

B Wilson

J Wilson

Elokobi

Mills

Dieng

Tidser

Jones

Winchester

Forte

Ibehre

I don't think he'll start Winchester but he should - holding on to the ball as much as possible will be more important than usual with no Kelly to get it back.

Poleon might get a start too having just had a rare run out where he was no worse than anyone else :grin:

Philliskirk would be unfortunate not to start but being stronger in midfield and counter attacking might be the way forward against these. That said, they'll also come at us so he could get more space than usual and hurt them. He could hold onto it in a similar way to WInchester too.

Whatever he elects to do, we'll win - MARK. MY. WORDS.

#typicallatics

Am I the only one who really doesnt get George Elokobi? Ive seen him twice & he has looked awful in both games. Cant play simple football. Ibehre was cack last week, I hope its a one off, as he was excellent at Sheff Utd, although we produced a great result at Dale without him. My X1:

Kenny

Wilson Kusunga Wilson Mills

Dieng

Jones Winchester

Johnson Forte

Philliskirk

Kusunga CB, Dieng MC Philli up top if Ibehre missed out.

I wonder if the manager will start on the defensive at MK Dons with something like this?

Kenny

B Wilson

Kusunga

J Wilson

Elokobi

Dieng Tidser

Winchester Jones Mills

Philliskirk

The advantage of this of course is if we go 2-0 down the big attacking guns can be brought on to win the game. (note the smiley) :wink: