Mike Ashley

He's involved at rangers to make money off them. Dunno how much he can make from us but hes in charge of our merchandise also like he is at rangers. 200k a year sponsorship but then deduct the money he makes from our 'club shop' then is it really that great a deal for us? I hope it still is

Edited by Corazzin19

Agree not sure he could make much off us, just worrying reading stuff like this. Read elsewhere that Mccoist resigned because Ashley was trying to input on the management side of things? Not really sure if there's truth to that though.

Agree not sure he could make much off us, just worrying reading stuff like this. Read elsewhere that Mccoist resigned because Ashley was trying to input on the management side of things? Not really sure if there's truth to that though.

To be fair, there is very little evidence of that from Newcastle, he gave PArdew a 7 year contract if you recall.

I read on the Beeb he had sent his team up to cost cut, told them there would be none but then staff laid off.

BUT they are losing a fortune. Living well beyond their means. AGAIN. History repeating itself.

Basket case.

And their fans have deserted in droves. Altough many chose not to renew the season ticket rather than not turn up becasue they have not walked this league.

Not really up on the Rangers ongoings in all honesty. I do believe Pardews a yes man at Newcastle though, that's why a 7 year deal was handed out, I think Ashley likes to be more involved than a Chairman/Investor should.

Posted · Hidden by Zorrro, December 16, 2014 - Potentially libellous
Hidden by Zorrro, December 16, 2014 - Potentially libellous

I would love to be half as stupid as Mr Ashley let's himself appear. Without wanting to trash another thread with the Rangers/Celtic thing, I have been following his movements closely.

He's happy for Newcastle to be in the Premiership and doesn't care apart from that. Global advert. Pardew has his deal because he owes millions to a business partner of Ashley from gambling. He really has had no option but to front up despite being given no money for two years. A handy front man.

At Rangers he is one of several cynical bastards (including Salary McCoist) who conspired to carve up the bones of the old Rangers club. His people trying to bring the costs into line are the 4th or 5th to try only to find that too many gilt edged contracts are in the way. Whether he thinks he can save and control the club or is taking control of the liquidation process by becoming chief creditor, who knows?

As for Oldham, I doubt he knows much about us. He's a billionaire after all. I suppose it makes sense as a location for a shop and the package made sense for both sides.

I dunno about that. Newcastle fans hate him but they've done all right out of the way he's run the club. If he got bored at the Toon and wound up at Latics, I wouldn't be too concerned. I can live with the idea of Latics being linked to a guy worth £4 billion.

I dunno about that. Newcastle fans hate him but they've done all right out of the way he's run the club. If he got bored at the Toon and wound up at Latics, I wouldn't be too concerned. I can live with the idea of Latics being linked to a guy worth £4 billion.

They'd rather he chucked hundreds of millions at their squad and went down than run the club like he does and have them 8th in the league with the odd cup final and Europa league campaign

Latics have done alright with how Corney has run the club but it dusnt stop you hating him ;)

• 4 months later...

On Monday 27 April at 8:00pm, Channel 4's 'Dispatches' programme is going to explore the secrets of Sports Direct.

Channel 4 dispatches... that will be a balanced view then wont it....

I can save you the trouble. He plays within the current rules and legislation to earn a :censored: ton of money. They will say its legal but immoral... the fat and greedy capatlist that he is. The end.

Edited by kowenicki

I can save you the trouble. He plays within the current rules and legislation to earn a :censored: ton of money. They will say its legal but immoral... the fat and greedy capatlist that he is. The end.

Yeah, well I think I'll watch it if it's all the same.

Watched the last 30 mins, no mention of us but did mention Newcastle and Rangers.

Focused a lot on the distribution site, zero hour contracts and 6 strikes your out..the list of strikes had 36 items on it. One being if you produced a sick note then it was a strike. Named and shamed you over the tanoy if you were working not up to standard and I really hate that. Also irregular pricing of items that broke consumer laws.

Think I my have to question where I buy my sporty goods from now on as I don't like the zero hour stuff...not that there are many choices in Oldham.

Edited by underdog